Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Light Breaker Device For Traitors
This is a small device that on first glance looks like a small cassette player. When activated the device breaks all the lights in the vicinity of the user. It staggers and temporarily deafens nearby players. The device can be used up to 4 times before the tape wears out. Lights broken with this device do not spark, as I've found it can ignite welding fuel tanks. It costs 3 TC at the moment.

I wanted to create this item to add to the list of utility items that traitors are able to bring out. An obvious use case is as a get-away device. Break the lights, and run away from your pursuers while they're staggered and deaf! I can also see this item being used to create opportunities for a public assassination. Cut the lights, attack your target while they're deafened, and run away to go clean up.

I do feel I need to say that this item definitely needs to be tested and balanced. I've erred on the side of making it a bit stronger, but perhaps the ammo count is too high or the area of effect is too large. Fortunately, it's a simple enough concept that it's easy to adjust.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...6/pull/143
I feel like this would be a really welcome addition to my antag kit, the versatility means you aren't "stuck" playing a certain way and can switch it up at any time. and 3tc seems fair for an item with limited ammo.
I think this could be a really interesting addition for antag stealth and gimmicks. The beauty I've always found in traitor items is the versatility they provide, and I think this fits well in that regard as well as thematically.
Besides light destruction, don't sonic grenades do the same thing?
(07-16-2019, 02:12 PM)Skornzy Wrote: Besides light destruction, don't sonic grenades do the same thing?

Maybe EMP grenades could have this effect? Knocking out lights, depowering an area
merged, reduced range a bit