Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Banned by Auto Banner
Who banned you?: Auto Banner
Byond Key: Pgtv14
Date of Ban: I don't know, but the only game I've ever played in was a few days ago.
Specified Reason for Ban:
Reason: "thats fucking gay" after spending the round being shit as AI and killing people on standard laws, I think you need a break to reread the rules. e: sending me a byond pager message calling me a "BR ass nigger" you can appeal this one on the forums instead
Banned By: Auto Banner
(This is a permanent ban).
If you believe you were unjustly banned, head to the forums and post an appeal.
Ban Length: Permanent
What led to the ban?
I don't know. Im new to this game and I've only ever been in 2 rounds of ss13 (don't remember which servers). During my first round, I only observed (didn't play) and during the second I was an assistant and suffocated to death within minutes. The forum says that you have full logs of every action and word spoken in every round. If that's true, I would very much like to see the log from the round I was banned to find out what happened.
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: This ban was obviously made in error (maybe the admin mixed me up with someone else?). The ban message says that I broke rules as an AI, when I've never even played as an AI.
Which rule did you break? I didn't break any rules, but I think I am accused of breaking rules 1, 2, and 4. (Don't grief, listen to the admins, and no bigotry)
Evasion Attempts: I didn't try to evade the ban, but I did try connecting to the server with a vpn because sometimes that can fix errors stemming from a bad connection, which I thought might have been the case.
There's a clear chain of evidence linking you to the byond accounts agashoth, moonmonkey, trolaz, cbdpie, and dwice. I don't believe for a second that you're being honest in this appeal. It's been five years, is it really so hard to apologize and follow the rules?
We have clear evidence to prove that this is not your first byond account and that it is not your first time playing on this server. This evidence is more concrete than a simple VPN misunderstanding. I can assure you that there is a 0% chance of you getting unbanned by continuing this lie.
(07-11-2019, 08:33 PM)magic mountain Wrote: There's a clear chain of evidence linking you to the byond accounts agashoth, moonmonkey, trolaz, cbdpie, and dwice. I don't believe for a second that you're being honest in this appeal. It's been five years, is it really so hard to apologize and follow the rules?
What is the evidence? This is my first account and I've never had ss13 or byond on this computer before... I don't see any way that you could have mistaken me for an alt. Is there some way I could verify my identity? I would appreciate your help in resolving this matter.
Before I get into answering that (and I intend to) I have one question, did you pay for the license for the copy of Windows you're using?
I bought the computer from a store, pre-assembled with windows already installed on it. I assume the store paid for the license of the copy of windows that is installed.
Put simply, the situation is this:
You share specific tracking info with evasion attempts by the original ban. The likelihood of you organically sharing this tracking info is astronomically low.
Alongside this, we have several evasion attempts from the original ban for the first time in 5 years that just so happen to occur the same week that you started playing here.
Personally I find the number of unlikely coincidences that would be required for all this to be true rather ridiculous, and in the case that it is a lie I am willing to lift the ban if you are honest about it.

Of course I'm not ruling out the possibility that it's pure unlucky chance, I just find it highly unlikely
Im not very internet savvy, but it is my understanding that ss13 has become more popular over that past couple years, so the likelihood of two users with similar data playing has likely significantly increased in recent time. Is it possible that the original guy hasn't come back and the other accounts were one or more new people trying to join, like me? I doubt that new players with less experience dealing with small internet communities than me would go through the trouble of appealing a ban on a forum of a server they've never played on before. And Im sure you know that new players tend to try to brute-force their way through bans out of impatience/ignorance.

Would linking you to my steam account help prove that I am a unique user? I have a steam account that is over 4 years old and has hundreds of dollars worth of items in it. While this probably wouldn't prove that I'm not the same guy from the other account(s), it would allow me to differentiate my account from the others, as it's not the sort thing that could easily be replicated.