Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] ID console PIN updating
PR: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...6/pull/129

[Image: GFBE5hD.png]

Allows you to update an ID card's PIN directly from the ID console menu
Gone are the days of never having access to your bank account ever again because you lost your ID!

Balance: shouldn't be an issue since if you have access to an ID console you have access to someone's bank account.

Includes input checking (no PIN <1000 or >9999 and no decimal PINs)

Should be an easy merge since most of the code is added lines, only modified one line (added <br>)
5 stars!

Q: Does this create a new account for the ID or does it link into the previous account?
(04-30-2019, 04:48 AM)Sundance Wrote: Q: Does this create a new account for the ID or does it link into the previous account?

If I'm understanding correctly, it separates the ID from the bank account, such that you don't require your ID to access it. Or it might not separate it fully, but the bank account wouldn't be solely tied to the ID, but rather the PIN.
Bank accounts are already tied to the name on the ID card, so I didn't have to change anything related to that.
I endorse this to the fullest extent permissible by law.
Man that would be a great HoP gimmick, giving someone all-access but changing their PIN by like 1 digit
This should not show the currently used PIN though, but only give the ability to set a new one.
I dont want to change my PIN every time I have a HoP change my ID, because bad memory.
But then Im also afraid of the HoP just chaning it without me knowing. Hmm
Implemented, but changed to not display the current PIN number, re: above.