Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goonstation Monthly Contest: July Edition!
I wanted to sprite toilet paper rolls, and toilet paper sheets, but never got around to it..!

Manta features toilet paper rolls and also is very cool. I suggest being able to take a sheet off, or a bunch to make a mess with, and being able to write on it with a marker.

Basically a much more fragile paper bin and papers.
Let us disarm intent click bees to make them to follow us like how you can with birds.

P.S: It would be great if something like that was implemented for all animals, so we could bring our little furry friends around with us, but bees are a good first step.
(07-05-2019, 06:13 PM)Skornzy Wrote: Let us use the disarm intent to cause a clicked bee to follow us similar to how it works for birds.

P.S: It would be great if something like that was implemented for all animals, so we could bring our little furry friends around with us, but bees are a good first step.

already a feature, use grab intent to wrangle a bee.
Add sugar and use a welding torch to brûlée any food item.
Add a new gimmick job, the Fire Marshal. Has his own unique jumpsuit overalls + has a special advanced firesuit in his locker along with a fire helmet and a fire axe (same as Nuke Ops item maybe?) His main job is to fight fire (obviously). He has just about similar access like tbe CE but does not possess regular Head Of Staff access (ability to call the shuttle, enter the bridge and etc).
A squirt gun item that can be filled up with X amount of reagents to deliver touch reactions from afar, or just blast your friends with piss water for a fun time. Alternates fire modes between a simple 15u splash (basically syringe gun but for touch), and a hose-spray that leaves puddles of its reagent contents as it travels.
I mean, there's even a sprite made for it that looks pretty decent!
Make qm purchases efect the stockmarket 

Or Just more weird traitor objectivs
Make it so that the PTL and SMES automatically adjust their settings to the power available/needed.

Having to manually adjust the rising output of the PTL again and again and again is really annoying.
I also dont see the benefit of setting the output to anything much lower than the input.

SMES input can nearly always be set to max on maps that have the TEG, since many people seem to know how to hellburn.
Setting it to a value higher then whats available doesnt make them load power at all, which I find extremely unintuitive.
And I dont know a reason as to why you would set the output of the SMES to a lower value.
Here it seems to only consume what it needs, and setting it to max doesnt harm.
Make Gnome Chompksi sometimes teleport small distances when out of sight of anybody alive, also possibly teleporting (hiding) inside or getting out of non-locked crates or lockers, making the open+close noises in the process, or just closing it if it was open. Plus a low chance of laughing on teleport.
More options after hacking fabricators. Currently there are no hidden/secret items obtainable through a hacked Medical Fabricator, Uniform Manufacturer (just chem patches), Ship Component Fabricators (though this doesn't matter too much) or Gas Extractors. Whether it be adding existing items that are useful/harmful (other cannister options for gas extractor, other medical equipment for medical fabricator, more existing uniform items to uniform manufacturer) or maybe some new ones (new body parts for Robotics, new uniform items only available through hacking for uniform manufacturer).
PRIMARY IDEA - Personal mail-order.

Using one's PDA (or ideally email if payment could somehow work through it?), directly purchase individual items for delivery. Could have a fairly simple complement of orders to start with (bitchin' hat, self-defense gear?, emergency oxygen tank), but is easily expanded to add more options - ideally, these should be fairly expensive, and limited in quantity per order interval.

As to the means of delivery, the most viable method I can think of is having a merchant shuttle dock a couple of minutes after at least one order comes in, stocked with either anchored crates or wall safes that are labeled with orderers' names and locked with a combination their respective orderers know beforehand. (Deca-code might be enough for crates if there's slight forewarning of the ship's arrival, just to prevent tamper before the orderer gets there.)

FALLBACK IDEA (substitution only if prior idea is disqualified) - Chemical centrifugation.

Reagent mixes held in either internal reservoir of a Reagent Extractor can be centrifugated, isolating a selected single chemical from the mixture into the other reservoir or the added container while leaving the other chemicals intact.

Time to isolate increases moderately with number of discrete reagents in the mix (more difficult to get a chem out from messy mixes like Discount Dan's products) and slightly with absolute reagent volume in the mix, and the extractor can't be used for other functions until it's done.
Allow players to view their personal in-game stats.
Make it possible to use robotics fabricators to build robuddy parts! Roboticists can build every single robot except for robuddies, and that makes no sense. Robuddy parts have to be bought from traders or be scanned/built by mechanics, but those feel clunky and gross.
I've noticed that certain foods can't be dipped into a beverage, notably donuts into coffee and cookies into milk.

I suggest making all foods dippable. Each time a food is dipped, it transfers some of the contents onto the food. The food item depending on how many times it's dipped, gains additional adjectives (Moist/Soggy/Soaked/Sopping Wet)

Dunking foods enough times will have the food dissolve into the container, notably bread which already works that way only instantly.
Bartending could use an upgrade. Drinks should be mixed in a mixer or a stirrer (like in real life) and won't mix properly in a chemical dispenser. I suggest we add a mixing spoon and a drink mixer. Also add some more buffs/adverse effects to most drinks, similar to food buffs to incentivize use.