Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1 Average
the big ban from zamujasa
Who banned you?: zamujasa
Byond Key: WildSwan 
Date of Ban: Today, 7th of July.
Specified Reason for Ban: You were LITERALLY just told not to use slurs and then you immediately use "ligger" and "furfag". Get out. Appeal on the forum when you stop being racist.
Ban Length: Permanent
What led to the ban? I got warned for saying ''niggas'' alone in a room without context, i got warned and moved on, then i saw a lizardperson speaking on comms, i said ''shut up ligger'' on the radio after that i called him a furfag, i got smited and then banned.
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: I dont really think that ligger and furfag are racial slurs, ligger is a racial slur at the expense of a fictional race, why would someone but hardcore scalies find it offensive? Furfag is just an insult, not a racial slur.
Which rule did you break? Bigotry, i guess?
Evasion Attempts: None.
Quote:[13:49:20] (admin) WildSwan [DEAD]: has connected.
[14:02:32] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "listen, chick"
[14:02:42] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "gimme some goddamn beer and whisky"
[14:02:47] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "whiskey, rather"
[14:05:02] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "niggas"
[14:06:28] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "csaber?"
[14:06:37] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "yeah, whatever"
[14:06:53] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "how much?"
[14:07:08] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "sounds about right"
[14:07:15] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "damn, a cockroach gave me 850"
[14:07:18] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "unbelievable"
[14:07:46] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "i knew it"
[14:08:02] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "oh"
[14:08:05] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "yeah"
[14:09:02] (whisper) Bright Macintosh SAY: hello goonstation, i would like to inform you all that i have some very nice things to sell, if you see me and are interested, just tell me (Whispered)
[14:09:02] (say) Bright Macintosh says, ";hello Goonstation, i would like to inform you all that i have some very nice things to sell, if you see me and are interested, just tell me"
[14:09:06] (whisper) Bright Macintosh SAY: fuck (Whispered)
[14:09:06] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "fuck"
[14:09:53] (adminhelp) Gerhazo PM'd Bright Macintosh : Hello! The rules forbid racial slurs like "niggas". Please refrain from using terms like these in the future. I hope that's reasonable. You can click my name or push F1 to reply to the message.
[14:10:09] (adminhelp) Bright Macintosh PM'd Gerhazo : fuckin hell okay
[14:10:19] (adminhelp) Bright Macintosh PM'd Gerhazo : can i say kike
[14:10:53] (adminhelp) Gerhazo PM'd Bright Macintosh : Slurs in general are against the rules, especially if they involve race or religion. Please avoid the general use of them.
[14:11:01] (adminhelp) Bright Macintosh PM'd Gerhazo : kk
[14:11:30] (admin) Gerhazo added a note for wildswan: SAY: niggas. Informed of the rules against slurs. Asked whether "kike" is fine, informed that they're banned in general, especially if they involve race or religion. Agreed not to use them.
[14:11:47] (say) Bright Macintosh says, ";shut up ligger"
[14:12:50] (say) Bright Macintosh says, ";no"
[14:13:06] (say) Bright Macintosh says, ";furfags then"

[14:13:20] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "w h i s k e y"
[14:13:29] (admin) Zamujasa [DEAD]: jumped to Bright Macintosh Cafeteria (158,191,1)
[14:13:33] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "or beer"
[14:13:39] (say) Bright Macintosh says, "fuckin ell"
[14:13:44] (admin) Zamujasa [DEAD]: tysongibbed Bright Macintosh
[14:14:25] (say) Bright Macintosh [DEAD]: says, "fuckin furry admins"
[14:14:37] (admin) Zamujasa [DEAD]: has banned Bright Macintosh [DEAD]. Reason: You were LITERALLY just told not to use slurs and then you immediately use "ligger" and "furfag". Get out. Appeal on the forum when you stop being racist.. This is a permanent ban.

I want to highlight something from the rules:
Quote:Bigoted language (for example, slurs) is also not allowed in your BYOND key, character name, flavor text, or anything else with which you interact with the server, whether as a joke, or masked with misspellings or spoonerisms.
One of the first things you say in-game is a racist slur. When a different admin told you not to say that, you asked if you could use another slur and were told no.

Not even another minute later, you drop another one, but this time with an L instead of an N, and then immediately follow that up with "fag".

The ban message specifically says you can appeal when you stop being racist, and yet in your very appeal itself:
Quote:I dont really think that ligger and furfag are racial slurs
Quote:ligger is a racial slur
You invalidated your own appeal, saving me the effort.
Changing one letter doesn't mean we don't know what word is being used
This appeal has no compelling arguments that the rules were unfairly applied to you, nor any sense that you intend to change your behavior or respect our community standards. Heckling is certainly fine in most circumstances, these all cross the line into just being shitty.