Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
give nukies an option to make the nuke display a timer
[Image: FSIalEC.png]

I really like this idea(also make the nuke telesci blocked while its wrenched down so people can't just teleport the AI shell onto the nuke and unwrench it and just teleport the nuke away)
only if the frankly boring strategy of walling off the nuke is also somehow prevented
(07-02-2019, 01:12 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: only if the frankly boring strategy of walling off the nuke is also somehow prevented

i dont see a way to actually prevent this other than removal of the rcd, but also on lowpop nuke rounds walls are the only possible way for the nuke op to survive, but higher pop it is definitely annoying
(07-02-2019, 04:01 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 01:12 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: only if the frankly boring strategy of walling off the nuke is also somehow prevented

i dont see a way to actually prevent this other than removal of the rcd, but also on lowpop nuke rounds walls are the only possible way for the nuke op to survive, but higher pop it is definitely annoying

I think you'd have to make the nuke unbreakable (Except by maybe sending it through the crusher) and make the main way of dealing with it different. 

Like, maybe as long as it doesn't detonate on the station Z level, or if you had to disarm it using some other means (The Disk, Some kind of code the syndicates carried)
If a syndie op team is smart enough to wall up the nuke and actually have either the metal to do it or the RCD then they earned that. maybe someone should have stopped them from walling it off in the first place
Unless one manages to rush the RCD, I've used it to get 1-man victories a couple times
I think walling up the nuke is fine, because thermite exists. If the crew forgets they have a tool that can immediately dissolve walls, that's entirely on them.

I also think telesci is fine, though, because you still have to get the nuke unscrewed, which takes a non-trivial amount of time and requires you jump in yourself. Either the nukies were dumb enough to seal it up to the point even they can't reach it and interfere with the process, or they're getting overrun and would likely have lost anyway.