Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rev round Pods
It doesn't seem like pods add much fun to a rev round for either side. So My idea is that after the initial rev announcement that makes it obvious its a rev round, pods should get a warning " Your pod begins to beep and spark strangely, Possible sabotaged detected" and the pod should then act like the funky escape pods, and spin out/catch fire/depower entirely/ teleport off z level.

The point would be to stop elongating the round and causing a possible un-fun situation that seems to come from pod using. The wait until the announcement would keep people from using it to detect rev round, while still being early enough to prevent any issues that could come from a pod using head/ rev head.

If you wanted to extend this idea to people in space suit with a jetpack perhaps a similar code could be added to the jetpacks, making it a lot more difficult to just fly off into space and hide. Ideally jetpacks would get a simpler version with the similar sabotage warning but just emptying out its contents on a countdown, giving the normal user a chance to return to a safe spot without being punished.
In-universe they're fighting for control over the station, right? Maybe being off the station Z for long enough counts you as dead. Like you're still alive so it can't be meta'd but the round ends if all the heads are dead or off-site for long enough. That way people still can leave, they just shouldn't stay away for very long. And it could be at round start but effectively invisible so it doesn't tell everybody it's rev.
(07-01-2019, 06:12 AM)FULLDEMOCRATICCOMMUNISTFASCISM Wrote: In-universe they're fighting for control over the station, right? Maybe being off the station Z for long enough counts you as dead. Like you're still alive so it can't be meta'd but the round ends if all the heads are dead or off-site for long enough. That way people still can leave, they just shouldn't stay away for very long. And it could be at round start but effectively invisible so it doesn't tell everybody it's rev.

it already does do that, but peeps go fly off the station area but don't leave the z and just chill in the pod in space.

imo just gib anyone that spends more than 10 minutes (cumulative?) not in a station area, including inside pods, lockers, and disposal chutes. disabling pods is addressing a symptom, not the core problem
I feel like this suggestion has been made before, but having a goal of "capture the bridge" or something would really help. The main problem is that in Rev, the heads are acutely aware that they're targeted for murder. This isn't an issue in any of the other game modes, and it means that there's not really a good reason not to run away.

Revolution needs a way to force that conflict, either from enabling people to locate and fight (via pinpointers, for example) each other, or by focusing the combat in a particular area.

One other major problem with the mode is that it always spawns 3 head revolutionaries, regardless of the number of Head and Security roles (or even player count). Similarly, the only real way to combat revs as the head/sec side is via loyalty implants, which are in limited supply, in harsh contrast to the infinite-use Rev flash. If the Rev side can control the cargo area it quickly becomes a lost cause.
(07-01-2019, 10:24 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: I feel like this suggestion has been made before, but having a goal of "capture the bridge" or something would really help. The main problem is that in Rev, the heads are acutely aware that they're targeted for murder. This isn't an issue in any of the other game modes, and it means that there's not really a good reason not to run away.

Revolution needs a way to force that conflict, either from enabling people to locate and fight (via pinpointers, for example) each other, or by focusing the combat in a particular area.

One other major problem with the mode is that it always spawns 3 head revolutionaries, regardless of the number of Head and Security roles (or even player count). Similarly, the only real way to combat revs as the head/sec side is via loyalty implants, which are in limited supply, in harsh contrast to the infinite-use Rev flash. If the Rev side can control the cargo area it quickly becomes a lost cause.

It's something I strongly agree with, that the goals and win/lose conditions of Rev are what create round end drag. Things like round auto ending, limiting the z level, or destroying the pods are band-aid solutions.
My solution is based more or less directly on Team Fortress 2's Arena mode, which begins as team deathmatch but, should nobody win before a certain time limit, unlocks a capture-point that can be taken to win.

It also fits somewhat thematically as, well, the Bridge is the command center of the ship/station.
I’ve also seen revs or heads hide in disposal chutes or lockers for the entire round. Can we make it so if you are “inside” something, like a pod,locker,chute,etc you don’t count?
I feel like that would be difficult to code and unfair for when people are the last head and use something to quickly hide from an incoming mob, or finding a spot to hide cause they need to use the bathroom or something.

How about instead, the heads and head revs all get a tracker that can help them find their targets at the announcement NT says "this whole rev thing is getting out of hand, so we're just killing all of you"?
Imagine the scene:
The heads implanted everyone and killed two of the revs, but the last one is slowly picking them off one-by-one, a carefully crafted plan of revenge. Then she accidentally clicks on a refrigerator and immediately loses.
(07-05-2019, 10:28 AM)Technature Wrote: I feel like that would be difficult to code and unfair for when people are the last head and use something to quickly hide from an incoming mob, or finding a spot to hide cause they need to use the bathroom or something.

How about instead, the heads and head revs all get a tracker that can help them find their targets at the announcement NT says "this whole rev thing is getting out of hand, so we're just killing all of you"?

This is what I suggest every rev thread someone makes on here. At 25-30 minutes all the heads/rev heads should get a tracker that points to where the other is.