HOS Application
Usual character name: Shawn Callaghan

BYOND username:
Nalaiscool

Recommended by (if applicable):

Goon servers you play:
Goon 2/3/4/5, whichever is most populous.

Reason for application: Been noticing a LOT of abuse of power lately. People being dragged into cells, beaten senseless, and on occasion executed. Spacing people counts as execution in my books.

Security experience (300 word minimum):

My name is Shawn Callaghan. I am a Janitor, working on-site at the station known as [REDACTED]. I'm writing this request for job transfer in response to a multitude of events I shall try to transcribe in the following paragraphs.

I have seen a LOT of abuses of power in your security teams as of late. Corrupt officers batoning people for no reason, and stealing their money. Officers refusing to do their jobs to protect us from syndicate agents, vampires, changelings, and the occasional blob or wraith. My plaintive requests for aid were looked upon rudely, and I was mistreated by multiple officers on station (The text is obscured by oil here). They apparently did not LIKE me blowing the whistle to the Captain on their extortion ring, and as such, I was sent to this ass-backwards shit-hole, known as (Another smudge of oil here). I didn't sign up for this shit, to be blunt. I'm tired of all these shitheads ruining NT's good name. Half these fuck-heads are the REASON people defect to the Syndicate. You know that (splotch of blood obscuring text here) Captain decided that I was too much trouble, and instead of reeling in the sec staff, fuckin' JOINED THEM IN EXTORTING THE CREW? What a shitter.

I try, every single time, to keep order in the station. If that requires fighting a corrupt and rogue security team, so be it. I typically report to each and every threat to the station promptly, as is my duty as a member of Nanotrasen Corporation, and will fight any and all corporeal threats to the security, health, and well-being of the station inhabitants. I fully understand that the security of the station is PARAMOUNT, and that all workers will remain productive when their safety is not continually at risk. I'm certain there are better fits for the job, but I have sworn an oath to uphold the law, and will continually do so, even if this request for the new position is denied. I will NOT STOP until this station is clean of all murderous syndicates, changelings, vampires, spies, and Macrocellular organisms.

Have a safe, and SECURE day, Centcomm.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? Do NOT KILL PRISONERS. THIS IS FUCKING IMPORTANT. Not unless they've killed others, and only THEN with HOS or CAP APPROVAL. Follow the law; Uphold it. Do not cause harm NEEDLESSLY. Make sure to turn your helmet light on. Don't walk around with your taser, baton, or flash in your hands. DO NOT GIVE THE CLOWN ACCESS TO ANYTHING AT ALL.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

Changelings are just MEAN
    They take away your free will
    Where's the Calomel?

• What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    Actually utilizing secmate to record crimes would be nice. Write people up for minor offenses, actually have them contest fines in court.

• Draw a picture!
    I can't draw a straight line. =(

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

None, that I am aware of, at least.
Uh...wow. I'm not really sure what to make of this exactly. You're...uh, you're aware that you don't need to RP this, right?

Anywho, I remember your name, and I don't remember it for good reasons. I'm genuinely concerned over the possibility of you becoming an HoS.
no
good app though
Woot!
This application is absolutely F A N T A S T I C !
It's a cryin shame I really really don't feel like Shawn Callaghan wrote it- on account of Mr Callaghan's tendency for force & pre-emptive "justice", in the less-favorable sense.

I have to give my soft "no" on this for now, but I hope Shawn keeps developing and reapplies with a little more mellow experience.
This application has been denied due to lack of support. Feel free to reapply once you have more security experience.