Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New smelling salts behaviour
Having an ampoule of smelling salts seems cool, but there's never a reason to actually carry or use it in the nitty gritty of a fight. Perhaps the reagent could apply an instant stamina boost on ingest, rather than a wimpy amount of stamina regen over time?

Consider it like the styptic/sulfazine patch for stamina damage, to pop if a fight breaks up briefly, letting you top up your stamina once or twice before it starts messing with your ability to fight. 

Since people might abuse it with injector belts/IV drips, perhaps it could have one or more of these mechanics:
1. Decay slowly in the bloodstream, causing coughing and, with a small overdose threshold, cause stuns, damage
(I like this, personally, while it could be worked around with charcoal, charcoal would clear up other stims that could be useful)

2. Reduce max stamina while in the blood stream.  
3. Cause varied (tox/burn/oxy/losebreath) damage in the blood stream

Say, for example:
On INGEST, Very brief stun (for injector belts/IVs), increase stamina by 30 x volume (150 from an ampoule)
On MOB LIFE, Coughing (makes using it with weapons more of a risk)
On OVERDOSE (10): More coughing, lots of brief stuns, small chance of tox/burn/losebreath/oxy

I'd consider even building a patch to add it myself, but I've not really played around in DM yet.