Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stowaways should get a PDA.
Based on the fact that stowaways can end up in the freezer with no air or heat, they should be able to call for help in the unfortunate event they have no emergency air.  As hilarious as it is, I'm sure people would be upset if they joined the round only to immediately die a slow death.
imho, stowaways- much like puritans- don't need any buffs.
It's a gimmick flex trait for experienced players who wanna take risks. Making it any friendlier defeats the purpose of it.
If you're incredibly unlucky, you'll still likely be found and perhaps cloned. Unless you're also a puritan, in which case, you get zero mercy.
Big disagree. I pick stow away for the challenge, knowing full well that I shouldn't be too committed to the round before I see where I end up, and I have spawned in the freezer before. I died a slow death but the sound of me beating on the door attracted the attention of a cyborg, who had me cloned. 

[Image: SmartSelect_20190620-220041_Gallery.jpg]

Counter Suggestion: Make the stowaway description more indicative of its status as a challenging and potentially dangerous trait so that new players know what they're getting into.

Random Additional Suggestion: Make stowaways spawn without shoes
+1 on making the description more foreboding

also +1 on no shoes.

naked spawn, in fact, would be ideal. literally skin on your back and nothing else.
I would be happy if the trait had a big of warning saying something like "Warning, really tiny chance you'll be fucking dead".

Something for new people to not be taken off guard by the admit-tingly really neat gimmick.
Give 'em an emergency o2 tank. Maybe even less full than normal ones and potentially already equipped (if possible).

Reason being your spaceguy took at least some precautions to survive the trip, since at least part of it might've involved depressurized environments.
(06-28-2019, 08:38 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: Give 'em an emergency o2 tank. Maybe even less full than normal ones and potentially already equipped (if possible).

Reason being your spaceguy took at least some precautions to survive the trip, since at least part of it might've involved depressurized environments.

don't you get a free emergency o2 + breathmask in your bp box by default?
It's random outside of certain jobs.
(06-28-2019, 10:30 AM)polivilas Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 08:38 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: Give 'em an emergency o2 tank. Maybe even less full than normal ones and potentially already equipped (if possible).

don't you get a free emergency o2 + breathmask in your bp box by default?

random for all jobs other than md, engineer, sec, and heads
Stowaways spawning in either naked or in different clothes, like trash bags, would be fun. For the authentic Space Bum experience.

this seems like a fair compromise. O2 is essentially ridiculously easy to get, anyways.
They could get one of those big unwieldy air tanks like the scientists do, much less useful than an emergency tank. Or like 3 units of salb in them.
(06-28-2019, 10:30 AM)polivilas Wrote: don't you get a free emergency o2 + breathmask in your bp box by default?

As Urs said, it's random. I wrote up some details on how spawns work, though it's for 2016.

(06-29-2019, 08:35 PM)Superlagg Wrote: They could get one of those big unwieldy air tanks like the scientists do, much less useful than an emergency tank. Or like 3 units of salb in them.

I like the idea of the emergency o2 tank better because the huge tanks would stand out a lot for someone who was trying to stay hidden. Salbutamol also wouldn't help since that doesn't stop you from suffocating, it just makes you die a little slower.
The emergency O2 sounds like the best solution to me, if we can't just outright have the crate selection mechanic check the enviroment for hazards.
Also not spawning off station, but on station Z would be nice, e.g. research outpost on cog2.
Alternatively have there be an RNG behind if they have a PDA. And then if they do get one some factors of it would be totally random so it's clearly stolen including:
  • What department it's from.
  • What module it has installed.
  • What cart it has.
  • Some RNG name that's not the stowaway's.
  • What programs are on it.