Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Pod Colosseum Broken
If you enter a pod in the Pod Colosseum you can't fire your weapon. This used to be fixable by switching between WASD mode and arrow keys mode via the tab key but you can't do that anymore.
Pod Colleseum works if you switch to TG style controls.

However, a bunch of enemies that it was never designed around spawn. For example: The Hootening, Nanite Swarms, and Pirrhanas.

The pod movement is also stilted and gross. There's no inertia anymore.

It's basically impossible to beat.

Quote:    var/list/bosses = list(/obj/critter/gunbot/drone/helldrone, /obj/critter/gunbot/drone/iridium, /obj/critter/gunbot/drone/iridium/whydrone)

[...]

for (var/DT in typesof(/obj/critter/gunbot/drone) - bosses)
                if (DT in bosses)
                    continue
                var/obj/critter/gunbot/drone/D = new DT()
                D.is_template = 1
                drone_templates += D

marq you lazy fuck Banging head against the wall

I might write a patch to clean up the colosseum if nobody else wants to jump on it. Thing is, I don't have access to the new interface code that broke it, so it may be beyond my ability.
It also works if you turn WASD mode off and turn it on again by the Interface menu.

While we're talking colosseum bugs, inexplicably, you can still suffocate while in the Colosseum pod. Not too bad since you get a free jetpack and breathmask, but it's still pretty weird. Like, if even a basic pod or container has enough O2 to breathe, why doesn't the colosseum one? Is it even actually a pod? 

Also, for some reason, it just completely breaks after the shuttle docks at CentComm. You can't fire any of your primaries or use any of your secondaries, while enemies can still freely fire upon you. I also had a round where I started a round while the shuttle was on the way to CentComm and got in my pod after it docked. It said a round was going to start soon, but that never happened.

(06-27-2019, 09:26 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: The pod movement is also stilted and gross. There's no inertia anymore.

Concur. Kind of weird I'm agreeing, since I actually didn't like the change in pod inertia too much, but it definitely feels less fluid than current movement. The joy of pew-pewing backwards at a sawdrone while letting the pod fly forward by itself by inertia is absent in the colosseum.
(06-28-2019, 07:37 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: While we're talking colosseum bugs, inexplicably, you can still suffocate while in the Colosseum pod. Not too bad since you get a free jetpack and breathmask, but it's still pretty weird. Like, if even a basic pod or container has enough O2 to breathe, why doesn't the colosseum one? Is it even actually a pod? 

coosseum pods ARENT real pods
theyre like, psuedo-franken-pods and are hell to work with apparently
you can already fly pods in adventure zones, so maybe theyre only weird for the powerups?
(06-29-2019, 06:23 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 07:37 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: While we're talking colosseum bugs, inexplicably, you can still suffocate while in the Colosseum pod. Not too bad since you get a free jetpack and breathmask, but it's still pretty weird. Like, if even a basic pod or container has enough O2 to breathe, why doesn't the colosseum one? Is it even actually a pod? 

coosseum pods ARENT real pods
theyre like, psuedo-franken-pods and are hell to work with apparently
you can already fly pods in adventure zones, so maybe theyre only weird for the powerups?

they're specifically

/obj/machinery/colosseum_putt

or in other words, not pods at all.