Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Job specific traitor objectives
Sundance Wrote:My point is stealing ALL the station money should be a tough nut to crack, the ai core is pretty sealed up behind a turret and potentially bolted doors, but this is pretty much an open safe with proper ID.

I guess this is the basic diff of opinion then, I don't like lots of automated stuff that hinders badfolk. I like that idea that if people were paying attention & doing their jobs properly a lot of bad stuff would be averted but they don't because they're lazy/incompetent/off running a gimmick/being misdirected/dead
Cogwerks Wrote:I've always thought a vault would be fun, but anytime we've buildmoded a vault into a round for a heist goal, the captain or the CE or ... anyone who sees it will immediately want to break the fuck into it. Shit usually gets looted immediately by everyone.

It might be fun to put a vault out in one of the derelicts though. Hardly anyone ever brings back the Wendigo King's stacks of cash.
Yeah, that's why you make removing shit from the vault not only not useful for the crew but actively detrimental so that the only one who'll do it is the traitor.
Dauntasa Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:I've always thought a vault would be fun, but anytime we've buildmoded a vault into a round for a heist goal, the captain or the CE or ... anyone who sees it will immediately want to break the fuck into it. Shit usually gets looted immediately by everyone.

It might be fun to put a vault out in one of the derelicts though. Hardly anyone ever brings back the Wendigo King's stacks of cash.
Yeah, that's why you make removing shit from the vault not only not useful for the crew but actively detrimental so that the only one who'll do it is the traitor.

Or people like me who get bored after a long stretch of no antagonist roles, make it their job to steal absolutely everything they can get their hands on, up to and past the point where it gets them jailed/murdered, and totally deserve it when they get wrecked. Or people who loot the whole thing just to spite any traitors who might have the objective, like how random people used to steal the RCD every single round to fuck over traitors who could have that objective. You put a vault full of gold bullion on the station z-level and there WILL be assistants who loot the entire thing just to throw gold bricks at people and piss off security. Pretending to be a traitor isn't bannable to my knowledge (unless you actively kill people/break the rules/are a tremendous shitheel and adminhelp when you're inevitably killed) so why would looting a vault full of otherwise useless things be grounds for punishment when they're just doing it to be ultimately harmless pricks?

Seriously, I'd prefer just axing the entire objective instead of the hand-wringing over making it more 'interesting' (difficult and tedious). Anything involving multiple head agreements to access money is going to be either so gameable that the barrier effectively doesn't exist, or so finicky that the objective and/or legitimate use of fund transfers is effectively impossible.
I really like the vault idea. We could have SPACE GOLD! Make entrance into the vault require all the head ID's (Maybe pins too? I dunno, I don't like requiring pins because it makes identity theft that much less effective.) Alternative ways should be extremely difficult, something like sneaking in through the mining dump, (Gotta add more space gold all the time, right?) controlled explosions, etc. Make sure the vault is in a highly visible location, with IR detectors ready to scream if someone tries to break inside.

The reason for all the security? Because Centcom do not like it when people steal money from them. whenever a certain amount of gold is taken from the vault, every buddy and robot on the station goes nuts and the AI/Borgs get a new law 0 of "Retrieve the space gold, this overrides laws 1-3"

All kinds of new, fun ideas can spring from this! Traitor objectives to steal the gold, obviously, but you can also do stuff like sticking a briefcase inside the vault for spies to fight/backstab over. Give the crew objectives to fill the vault with extra space gold from mining, trading, or exploration. Allow space gold to be used to bling out accessories, so rich traders or clever thieves can flaunt their newfound wealth. Clever traitors can mastermind an unnecessary heist, to cause havoc on the station and disguise their true objective. Or at the very least, it could be used as a gimmick for admin-shenanigan rounds. v
Assassinate 50% of the assistants on the station, Captain only.
Captain_Bravo Wrote::downs:

This seems completely logical and a thing players would do
Captain_Bravo Wrote:The reason for all the security? Because Centcom do not like it when people steal money from them. whenever a certain amount of gold is taken from the vault, every buddy and robot on the station goes nuts and the AI/Borgs get a new law 0 of "Retrieve the space gold, this overrides laws 1-3"

I think challenging objectives are the most fun, so I like this.

Another idea for the theft objective: how about stealing limbs? Or even a specific limb from someone. Bring me Trey White's arms.
How about harvesting limbs as a doctor?

*Steal the left arms of three crewmembers