Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Discord Ban Appeal for Awfulworldkid
My IRC/Discord Username: awfulworldkid
Date and time of the ban: Late (28th?) November 2018
Who banned me: SpyGuy
Message given in the kick, if present: None, because Discord doesn't have ban messages
Summary of events leading up to the ban: A few days ago I was complaining about someone I knew in real life I had a physical altercation with, including posting pictures (no links and no identifying text of any kind) and a first name, which was eventually considered doxxing.
Why I should be unbanned: It's been about eight months by now and I learned fairly early on what I did wrong and not to do it again, and only held off applying because I felt it would be rude/improper/unwanted/etc. for me to appeal so early and also because I didn't really know how to appeal. I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused.
(06-27-2019, 02:01 PM)awfulworldkid Wrote: I learned fairly early on what I did wrong and not to do it again.

What, in your view, did you do wrong?
I posted any personal information of anyone, ever, no matter who they are or what specifically it is.
The doxx was the proverbial tree trunk that broke the camel's back in terms of the overall toxic and confrontational behaviour we've seen from you.

Prior to the ban you were known for inciting and escalating arguments, actively making the discord channel a worse place to be. The ban itself was preceded by plenty of discussion in the admin channels and we were all in agreement at the time that it was the correct way to go.

Your reply to this thread comes across more as typing out what we want to see, rather than showing clear understanding of why doxxing is unacceptable. Between that and reports of toxicity in other discords it indicates these past eight months haven't changed much about your behaviour.

For that reason we will not lift this ban.
I'm sorry.