Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
discord ban appeal by awesine/smiley (banning admin unknown)
(ok so i made a lot of posts and deleted them because i kept noticing mistakes PLEASE forgive)

My IRC/Discord Username: smelly/smiley#2501

Date and time of the ban: june 25th, 2:40 am (roughly) est

Who banned me: i don't know! i wasn't looking at discord and then i look at discord and i'm not in there anymore. 

Message given in the kick, if present: none

Summary of events leading up to the ban: 
alright so according to hokie i was banned for two reasons
a: advocating for lifeweb
and b: posting reactionary memes
i'm gonna post what i believe happened in those two seperate instances in spoilers below

advocating for lifeweb
so i'm moseying around on youtube, watching ss13 videos, when i come around a lifeweb video
i watch it, i thought it was a good combat video, just my opinion,
anyway i look down in the comments and one says "finally i can play this now, the panic bunker date was moved to 2016"
and i'm like
WOAH!
when did this happen?
so i go to the discord to #spaceman-general and say something along the lines (this is ALL paraphrasing, i don't have any logs, if there's any deviations in my story of reality please tell me) of "man, lifeweb moved the date up! i'm going to try and play this weekend, (more stuff about how cool i think the setting and gameplay of lifeweb is)
and then i think it was either during my saying stuff about how cool lifeweb is or after my saying stuff someone brought up how there's some, admittedly, very Not Cool things in lifeweb, notably being that there (either is or was, i've been told that there was removed) some pretty nasty mechanics involving children
i say that i don't really mind it. i can ignore it, it doesn't concern me if i don't intentionally go out looking for that experience. i'm there for the psuedo-medieval retrofuturistic hrp gameplay, not the,,,,, erp.
bubs says something about how about whether or not those mechanics were removed, he still thinks it's heinous (right word?) that it even legitimately considered adding those mechanics
i think that's a fine opinion, and not a bad one to have. so i say agree to disagree? and bubs said something that i forgot.
i said "great comprimise! or, agreement, or whatever," and bubs said "i don't think it's either of those things" so i said,, "well, great [undisclosed and currently unknown from of verbal communication insofar], bubs." and that's the end of the lifeweb arc. (this is ALL paraphrasing from my admittedly often not good memory. i probably got parts of this wrong or are forgetting parts of it)
OH YEAH and then another admin (who i forgot the name of) said to just not bring up lifeweb anymore. i said i'll abide by that

reactionary memes
alright so there wasn't much like conversation involved in this
i posted this video in the memes channel. i don't see anything reactionary about it, i just think it's a funny video making fun of dumb political ideologies that think they can attach anarcho- infront of something and call it a good ideology. if someone wants to tell me how it's reactionary i'll probably concede my point. because i'm not usually that good at seeing how something might offend someone (if this even involves offending someone??? maybe the video contains some reactionary dogwhistle i'm just not getting)
maybe because it's,, making fun of "coming out" to your parents? although i didn't really take offense to that myself. but i'm not trying to pull an "as a black man", i can kind of see how that would make some people who had more.,, Not Good coming out experiences feel uncomfortable

Why I should be unbanned: 
for reason a: i admit that lifeweb has some fucked up content, but i don't think me saying that i can ignore the bad parts of it in order to experience the good parts was really like,,, advocating for it. i also agreed to not talk about lifeweb again.
for b: i really, don't understand what i did wrong here, but as i said in the second spoiler, i'd love (don't take that as a sarcastic, off-putting love, i mean genuinely i would like it) if someone told me how it was reactionary
Huk was the banning admin. I sent them a ping about this appeal. I do not see a reason posted either but Huk can tell you what it was.
i wasn't really writing coherently when i made the initial appeal (as i was both very tired and a little shocked that i had been banned), and i still can't figure out how to edit posts (i don't think you can), so i'm going to rewrite the events that happened in the lifeweb part without the, incoherentness. (again though, just a paraphrase of the events from my memory)

• i find out that i can now play lifeweb due to the panic bunker date being raised
  • i go to #spaceman-general and say this, alongside saying how cool in general that i think lifeweb's gameplay and setting is, and that i can't wait until the weekend to try it out
  • someone brings up the nasty parts of lifeweb, specifically the mechanics involving children
  • i say that i thought that those mechanics had been removed, and that even if they weren't, i'm not forced to interact with them and i can plausibly ignore them. (just expanding my opinion on that here: it's so detatched from reality [being pixels and poorly written russian verb text] that i can't really take it seriously anyway)

• bubs says that even if lifeweb had removed those mechanics, he wouldn't interact with it anyway because they even legitimately considered including those mechanics.
  • i think that's a fine and good opinion to have, so i say agree to disagree
  • he says yeah, i say "good agreement/compromise/whatever"

• he says "i don't think it's either of those things", i reply "well then, great [undisclosed and currently unknown form of verbal communication insofar], bubs
  • the conversation ends and moves onto something else (that i didn't participate in)
I have no input about your ban I just wanted to say got damn because we can still see deleted posts/threads and when i saw that there was half a dozenish new threads i got scared for a hot second there
(06-25-2019, 09:52 AM)awesine Wrote:
  • snip

forgot to include, another admin said not to bring up lifeweb again and i said i would abide by that

(06-25-2019, 09:53 AM)popecrunch Wrote: I have no input about your ban I just wanted to say got damn because we can still see deleted posts/threads and when i saw that there was half a dozenish new threads i got scared for a hot second there

yeah i'm sorry, i kept posting threads and then noticing mistakes and there doesn't seem to be a way to edit my posts so i had to delete them to fix the mistake
Happens way more often than you think. As long as the content was roughly the same (and it is) we look at the final public version.
Well, you're known to skirt the edge on those things and I believe the last straw was the racist, Asians eat dogs meme you posted with bruce lee, we don't abide by racism and from what ive heard you've tiptoed on the edge long enough that pushed you over in my book.
that, wasn't me?

(06-25-2019, 08:09 PM)HukHukHuk Wrote: Well, you're known to skirt the edge on those things and I believe the last straw was the racist, Asians eat dogs meme you posted with bruce lee, we don't abide by racism and from what ive heard you've tiptoed on the edge long enough that pushed you over in my book.
that wasn't me. there's logs, right? i remember reading about that, but i didn't post that one.

like i remember scrolling up and reading about the racist asian meme getting deleted before posting the nazbol meme

i think you got the wrong person. unless i'm just forgetting that i posted a racist meme and it was deleted.
The Bruce Lee meme was definitely you
(06-25-2019, 09:54 PM)HukHukHuk Wrote: The Bruce Lee meme was definitely you

i literally do not remember it. i don't have any bruce lee memes on my tablet. i don't have any in my computer's meme folder. there's none in any other discords i'm in at around the time i was banned. are you absolutely sure it was me? what else was in the meme besides "bruce lee, asians eat dogs"? i'm trying to jog my memory but i can't think of anything
Double checked it, it came right before you posted your video after a string of 4 terrible memes from someone else and it all blended in, combined with a reputation of posting before, it made sense that it was you. That being said the ban is lifted and hopefully posting improves so I or anyone else doesn't just jump the gun in the future.