Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 3.11 Average
add the "owo" mutation as a path symptom
yes please
You can do that with the already merged "Genetic Template" symptom, the caveat being that you need to somehow acquire an individual with the owo mutation in the first place. As the admins seem to think it needs to be kept out of mortal hands on most occasions, I think that is as close as you are going to get, realistically.

In addition to that, pathology would have to be reenabled, and we all know that isn't happening. :p
Ok, nevermind, you *made* me do this.
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/1146

I hope you are proud of yourselves.
add owo pls
Subject will involuntary pounce on others to "glomp" them
I think just making this its own rare disease like GBS is probably a better idea, with its disease reagent being 'Cat fur extract' or something
I'll be blunt and say I don't really find UwU all that funny and that making it part of the game seems like a really bad idea. Apart from becoming a dated joke/reference after a while, I'm pretty sure it would break a couple of rules in regards to sexual considering the original context of the reference.

Wouldn't it be better if the mechanic was a parody of the reference rather than just having the references on it own?
This is both sexual and creepy and I really hate it. Whenever it's used, I leave the round because it brings to mind some really unpleasant personal experience with people using it.
I for one do not think there is anything sexual about some emoticons written out in ASCII,...

That some people seem to have associations regarding it though and think of "OwO" or "Uwu" and "Purr" like a cat as sexual...is far-stretched in my opinion.
The content that mutations springs forth - does - as far as I know not contain anything sexual being said. Just like an accent it replaces some words with other words and adds some slang-terms to it.

---

I might be wrong here - but if anyone would be so kind to print some lines of the OWO-SPEAK that are blatantly sexual or just analyze and elaborate how emoticons resembling faces and cat noises are sexual?
Not here to invalidate anybodies associations; as they are fair game.
I just think that if there are any associations with Anime-Speak and sexual topics then the content has to be analyzed.

An association being sexual is not rule breaking.
The content being sexual would be rule breaking.
Every person harbors different associations for the same thing.

I dislike seeing changes made due to subjective associations. But as I said - as far as I know there are no sexual lines in OWO-SPEAK. Please bring forth an example for the sake of this discussion. smile
(06-23-2020, 03:44 PM)GORE Wrote: I dislike seeing changes made due to subjective associations. But as I said - as far as I know there are no sexual lines in OWO-SPEAK. Please bring forth an example for the sake of this discussion. smile

In an attempt to show something without making people uncomfortable, I present this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_gtppkzkSw

I believe the stuff this video pokes fun at is what they're speaking of.
So the issue seems to revolve around people with this mutation acting sexual?

Well - if they do they are already breaking the rules.

I would rather like seeing the bad apples punished...rather than removing a funny speak mutation because some people abuse it?
Honestly, no matter if owo is inherently sexual, if it makes a not insignificant number of people uncomfortable, which it seems to do, I'd rather not have it in the game.
I'd appreciate it if y'all who wanted owospeak removed wouldn't co-opt this thread, and instead make your own.
The PR posted earlier shows it is already consensus among the admin team that owospeak remain as an admin button only. Just move this to Bad Ideas already since we already know that it's not gonna get added
(06-23-2020, 11:53 PM)Ines Wrote: I'd appreciate it if y'all who wanted owospeak removed wouldn't co-opt this thread, and instead make your own.
How does that make any sense, it is completely the same topic. Anyone that wants it removed would not want it to be added as a symptom, so they should post in this thread. Anyone that wants it as a patho symptom wouldn't want it removed and would have to post in the other thread too.

(06-24-2020, 12:12 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: The PR posted earlier shows it is already consensus among the admin team that owospeak remain as an admin button only. Just move this to Bad Ideas already since we already know that it's not gonna get added
Agreed.