HoS Application - Grimmrok
Usual character name: Nero Pierce (old name that I used to go by that might be more familiar with me being SEC would probably be Miles Connor)
BYOND username: Grimmrok
Goon servers you play: 99% on Goon#1, 1% on Goon#2

Reason for application:
I like playing as SEC. Lately I have been mostly playing as a Medical Director, leading the medical department, and now I want to face a new challenge of leading the SEC team instead and assuming control over the station's security matters to a new level than from what I've been previously able to, and to be able to more efficiently protect it from possible corrupt captains and SEC officers alike. I also like to keep order in the station, which is one of the things that I like about playing as SEC, and what better position to achieve that with other than HoS? Also I want to be able to guide more inexperienced SEC officers to a more proper conduct and handling of prisoners and suspects.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
Firstly I'd like to clarify that I haven't been playing SS13 for years, like some others would have. I've only been part of this community for maybe a few months, not sure. Time has been flying by pretty fast.

For a short while I would only play as a SEC officer, because I enjoyed it, and I've had a fair amount of games as a detective, too. Admittedly in the start I was rather bad at it, as one would be, while also being fairly new to the game, but I believe I've grown quite a bit as a SECoff since those early days. I've come to be more robust when dealing with criminals, more confident when facings antags, more swift with dealing sentences / punishments, and, I believe, more fair with prisoners.

Speaking about fair treatment on prisoners, that includes me having to stand against the captain's orders that would be unfair and straight up criminal to comply with, which would mostly just be death sentences on antag prisoners that hadn't done something to warrant the death penalty. This treatment would mostly be extended for the rest of the crew, though, as a captain might have plans that would endanger the lives of the crew or the station, though during such situations I would have to approach with caution, since, especially with the lack of a HoS, the captain would be the one that I actually answer to. I rarely advocate for a death penalty, and only do for people that show no signs of calming down their rampage, or have caused so much destruction to the station and the lives on-board, that it would be the only fit justice, and even then it's only for them to be reincarnated as borgs rather than just ending up as corpses in coffins.

Mostly playing on Goon#1 and at the hours that I do, which most of the time is pretty low-mid pop, means that, when I do play as SEC, I'd be playing as solo SEC or with 1-2 more and 1 detective around, I've gotten pretty used to running the SEC department by myself. And more often than not, those players that would join SEC with me would be less experienced than me with the role, thus in turn giving me experience guiding them around SEC. The wiki, other SECoffs' guiding, and some debates on the discord server have been great help for me to mature as a SECoff, as well as a SS13 player.
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
Only those that you trust can backstab you. You're not a robot, so sometimes you have to follow your gut-feeling instead. Also, read the wiki!
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
This is small, but I believe some sort of GLOVES and Gas Masks should be provided for SEC, either on their person as they spawn, in their lockers, or both. Makes sense to have the protection provided from this gear.
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
Roses are red,
Violets are red,
And as long as we wear the red,
We keep our crew from bleeding red.
*dies*

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None.
Denied due to insufficient support. You may apply again in the future.