Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Vamp Gun Rebalance?
I find it rather odd that an ALREADY OP antag like Vamps get to use guns. I would like to suggest that beyond their initial powers they be unable to hold ranged (lethal) weapons. Basically it would be mythologically correct as well since vampires generally can't "suck blood" off the ground - it needs to be from the warm neck of a victim - so they rarely use guns anyway in movies and books. 

Why?

Because I recently got attacked through the REINFORCED windows of Chemistry on Clarion by a gun welding vamp while simply trying to make synthflesh on RP. There were 6 players on the server at the time - 3 of which were vamp antags.
Presuming they just came up and shot you on the RP server, of all things, sounds like it should be ahelped.

Other than that, this is pretty much just a knee jerk thread.
This sounds like when people were upset at GUN WIZARDS. Though yeah if this happened on Goon1 you should probably let an admin know. Tell Zamujasa, they are the RP nerdmin
Question: How, as a vampire, you would deal with a person who has sunglasses and earmuffs without guns?
Slightly off topic, can we make vampire more like Jojo vampires?

Give em that eye laser trait for free, let them do cool poses to stun their opponents, etc.
That's less an OP thing and more just not a cash money way of wiznerding.
(06-21-2019, 12:59 PM)polivilas Wrote: Question: How, as a vampire, you would deal with a person who has sunglasses and earmuffs without guns?

You dorkshame them for being a powegamer until they take it off.
But you can not dorkshame that which can not hear.
(06-21-2019, 12:59 PM)polivilas Wrote: Question: How, as a vampire, you would deal with a person who has sunglasses and earmuffs without guns?

you do what you would do if you weren't a vampire
[Image: 2151020-batman-Odyssey-2-1.jpg]
As far as vampires go, I see no reason lore wise (either our own lore or classic vampire lore) that would give an acceptable reason for why a vampire would be unable to usea gun.

Vampire's even still today are probably the weakest antagonist we have in terms of ability to kill people instantly. Granted, thanks to their cancel stuns ability, and having little abilities in the way of causing damage or stuns, they probably do benefiy the most from having normal weapons like guns or stun batons. The Vampire's power lies in its thralls and its ability to escape quickly.

But the idea of preventing certain antagonists from using guns in particular is not a new one, as Kiki mentioned, Gun Wizards are a polarizing topic. I will say that in our own lore there can be something to be said about Wizards not wanting to use guns out of principal (since they hate "technology"). Then there are werewolves. I think of all the antagonists, they are the most likely who should be unable to use guns in wolf form since they shouldnt be able to pull the trigger with their huge maws and giant claws. Werewolves might have something that makes guns impractical for them eventually, but Vampires are alright.
Well werewolves don't really need guns or other weapons do they? They are fucking murdermachines. I don't mind if werewolves can't use guns but I don't see it really changing anything other than just being a big F U to specific players.
Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever seen a werewolf with a gun. Though that raises an interesting idea: What about an antag that can only use ranged attacks but it totally worthless against and with melee weapons?
Gives me an idea for an enemy npc

Laser Gnome: Floats through the station shooting anything in sight with empowered laser eyes but can be easily defeated with a few solid jabs in the face