Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changeling "Lesser Form" Bug - Perpetually Gibbed
I was unfortunate enough during one round. I managed to get Changeling, but due to being AFK for 5 mins, I had to restart as my game went all blurry (BYond then forced me to download the files twice, the first time it froze at 30.9mb). Anyways, here's what happened:

I was attacking someone as Changeling, and accidentally pressed Lesser Form. When the Warning Box came up, I clicked yes, thinking it was a confirmation for "Hallucinate" (it's been ages since I played, I thought it was added in for safety or something). Once I became a Monkey, my human form gibbed, yet stayed together? And my monkey-self was able to run around, but it was the same view you get when you're a ghost observing someone else. So I was stuck on the view of my human body, yet could run around with my monkey. Any toxic spitting I did would be spat from the human body, NOT the monkey. I could still talk, but as a human. It was the strangest thing.

Pictures:

[Image: hltW8B4.png]
[Image: nGNU69L.png]
[Image: pAUNSpo.png]
[Image: 3ZF2N7t.png]

Interesting to note, my gibbed human form could be pushed by people. I had people bumping into me, even pushing me into space, but I was completely invisible to them (my monkey wasn't, though).

Another interesting problem related to this bug: immortality. Suiciding and succumbing still allowed me to speak, albeit in a weird, retarded Cluwne way. I could Suicide/ Succumb as many times as I wanted, and carry on talking. No Ghosting allowed, though.

[Image: AY4ADJn.png]
[Image: Md3cpza.png]

An altogether brilliant round as Changeling. I spent most of it re-downloading BYond files, and then the rest of the time I was frozen in a perpetual state of gibbed-ness. Needless to say, I was the most feared Changeling in the history of the station.
[Image: oIk6qO9.png]
Also, if an admin is feeling particularly generous one round (that we both happen to be on), another go at Changeling would be brilliant.
I can confirm that something has gone horribly wrong with Lesser Form. As AI, I watched a changeling who basically kicked the entire station's ass the whole round go Lesser Form to escape a mob, at which point he immediately froze and when he finally did move, he sort of awkwardly slid out the airlock away from the Escape Shuttle and was never seen again. He was bitching about the game doing something very similar to what happened to the OP in postround OOC.
This SHOULD be fixed now, it was a problem with the human's bioholder (new genetics thing) trying to transfer to a new monkey before the new monkey had finished even setting up its own bioholder.

I'll close this thread in a day or two if there are no further incidents.
Could I get to play as 'ling one round, to make up for the 20 minutes I spent frozen in space, speaking with a cyborg? I've gotta say this is a pretty detailed and picture-heavy bug report. I'm not entitled to anything, but it'd be brilliant if I did get to play again.
Yes, just adminhelp it when you're on.
You're a saint, Cogwerks.
This has been taken care of, cheers guys.