Poll: Are you in the Ass?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I would like to submit a patch
42.31%
22 42.31%
This is bad, I dont want this
1.92%
1 1.92%
This is good, but I won't help
55.77%
29 55.77%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[EVENT] An SS13 Game Jam this way comes!
As a clown main, the boom boots HAVE to become a clown Traitor item. All they need is a slipping mechanic and look a bit more clowney.

I would also love if the squeaky boots were a clown item of some sorts. a reward or something
Blob as a Genetics Race/Ambassador is pure and amazing and should be kept and I want them forever.
I don't understand why people both hate Density, and want to keep it included. It's a rage inducing map that severely limits the fun of any given round in my opinion.
I love pretty much everything I've experienced so far, and I'm glad everyone loves my stupid explosion boots.
The TNG-style uniforms are cool, I'd like to see them stay.
Clothing mutation is funny and useful.
Blob ambassador needs to leave trails of slime and "blorp" all of its sentences.
I don't monetize, so any ads on the following vids are for the copyrighted music claims.

Decent Density Rounds:

Day of Density - Ass Blast USA
https://youtu.be/NnoOVo9eUjo

Day of Density 2 - The PTL Is On In This One
https://youtu.be/A-6iBZRq34A

Day of Density 3 - Where Do I Plant The Nuke?
https://youtu.be/L-MJgtjvgQM

Day of Density 4 - Blob Round
https://youtu.be/z7i0Ny0Mmug
- The shoes with sounds apparently all threw runtime errors, so that needs fixing first. Might come from a change as to how sounds are played since 2016. So I dont know how bad floorpills ones sound, but mine arent much worse than clown shoes. Only real difference is them not making you trip, so maybe dont make them as available as clownshoes.
- The lubed banana peels dont make you slip properly. You suddenly move a few tiles forward, but you dont actually get stunned. Damage still seemed to apply.
- Coilgun has a bunch of parameters you can adjust to balance it, though I know we dont like to make guns available as easily here. Tried shooting a secman across the chapel on Icarus, he was only slightly hurt after 4 shots or so.
- The showcase glasses seem to eat explosive shots in 2016, dont know if that still happens on current code. I just used the code from the captains displaycase. They could be filled with anything really, if the community sprites are too weird for it. Would have to find a cleaner way to block interaction with the item inside. Its all just layers with no real wall blocking interaction, so you could still splash something onto the items inside the case. I only prevent it from being picked up, until the glass is destroyed.

Besides the maps, I didnt get to really see or use many of the other assjam changes, so cant give an opinion on those.
Dont see any harm in keeping the blob race for ambassadors or noodles though.
The clothing mutation is cool, could be really useful for antags to quickly get a new disguise, but might need a restricted selection on what you can get from it. Not sure what exactly you can or cant get with it currenlty, though.
I got to play around with bee implants during a round, and they turned out to be a success!

It took me a few rounds of scouring the station to figure out where they were located, until i had an epiphany that Bombini might have them. I hopped into a random pod on Donut 2.5, warped over to the space diner, and saw that Bombini's ship had been blown up. After a bit more scouring and remembering that Bombini had come back, I found her ship and saw that she did have them for 1000 credits each. After a bit of slots (managed to make 10,000 from only 100 credits) I purchased 10 injectors, put 5 in myself, then headed back to station.

I handed out a few bee injectors to random spacemens with one person taking an extra when I wasn't looking. From there it was a waiting game. I ran around the station, seeing if anyone was daring enough to kill me (or if I would die from the chaos). At one point I saw a hallway off to the side filled with gibs and 10 brown bees. The greedy spaceman had indeed died and left bees behind!

Eventually I made it over to escape, and saw a speedy syndicate running around. By then someone had injected me with nanobots, and one thing that does not trigger death implants is being borged. I begged this sinister speedster to end me quickly, and passed them my stun cane as they proceeded to beat the hell out of me. Sure enough, 25 bees exploded out of my corpse and stung them with a furious righteousness. They begged an admin for help, only to get helped off this mortal coil by getting Mike Tyson'd.

10/10 would bee implant again. I hope they do stay around as a Bombini vendor item, they seem appropriately priced to not be an impulse purchase (or a guaranteed purchase if the Captain embezzles the station funds).
All of that story sounds amazing.

Especially the antag begging for help after being tricked.

GG.
- Blob race should absolutely be around all time.
- Donut 2.1 could probably use some elbow grease and it'd be neat to have in the rotation. Would be good to see some of the older maps refurbished, too (hi Mushroom)
- Atlazorizon was hilarious but also actually neat? Maybe a fun one for occasional rounds on 2.
- The voiced "fart" lines should be left in as one of the various horrible genetics genes, like how cluwnes say "poo".
- The clothing mutation could probably make the cut with some changes to the cooldown.

The showcase and unused sprites thing would be neat for a little sorta museum on Centcom! My only problem with them as-is was that the description was part of the item itself, so if the glass was on you had to right-click and examine manually. Maybe a potential change is making the table itself have a plaque or something on it with the item description and author? (And of course some of those graphics should really make it in!)

I didn't get to see too much of the results since it didn't technically start until several hours into the 13th, but what I did get to see was neat.
The case thing can easily be adjusted, but we would have to improve the way we block interaction somehow. Dummy walls have a bunch of problems, unless we dont want people to actually be able to destroy or interact with it in any other way. Also description were generic for these, since they are generated out of a dmi-file using "itemname-authorname" as a format.