Poll: Are you in the Ass?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I would like to submit a patch
42.31%
22 42.31%
This is bad, I dont want this
1.92%
1 1.92%
This is good, but I won't help
55.77%
29 55.77%
Total 52 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[EVENT] An SS13 Game Jam this way comes!
The loudest fucking shoes in space, with three flavors: Glitchy, Explosion, and Macho Breathing.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pge80l3bw8hvha...es.dm?dl=0
(07-01-2019, 11:23 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: I'm gonna be upset if legman doesn't get in

something
wicked
this way
comes
please make my dream come true

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7093
I just updated my showcase post. It might need a little bit more to do than copy paste, if you already place cases or item spawners on maps.

And here is submission Nr. 3: 
A remake of the Coilgun that could be found in the 2016 code, with its old sprite.
I spent about 3 or 4 days on making this all work and learned alot about coding with Byond.
Thanks to Ursula and Warcrimes for giving me ideas on how to code this.

It is a double barreled, 2 handed, rod shooting gun. It can be crafted by combining an electropack with a hollow pipe frame, and then combining this unfinished assembly with a full stack of cables.
You can load any 2 types of matsci rods into it, though I couldnt get them to affect the guns stats (and matsci has been severely changed in current code afaik). 
Clicking it inhand will eject the same rods you put into them, so they arent lost once loaded.
I set it as a huge item, meaning it cant be put into your backpack, but it can be worn on your back instead.

It still needs sprites for wearing it on your back and inhand sprites. Currently it has no sprite for being worn on your back and the inhand one is the flamethrower one. I will make these if I find some time before the 10th or it happens to be implemented into the main branch.

Notes for balancing it, if it should ever be made part of the main branch, and what its currently like:
- Required components: Electropack, hollow pipe frame, 30 cables pieces
- Raw projectile damage: 25 brute point blank
- Bleed chance on hit(DAMAGE_BLUNT, DAMAGE_CUT, DAMAGE_STAB): DAMAGE_STAB
- Distance till damage dropoff: 3 tiles dropoff, 9 tiles max range
- Implants a projectile in the body: Yes, defaults to a steel rod when cut out (needs to match the loaded rod later and carry over fingerprints, etc.)
- Can drop a rod on impact: 25% chance when not shooting a human (should better check for mob)
- Safe shots before misfires: 2
- Chance of misfire: 20%
- Damage on misfire: Explosion with 40 burn, 30 brute, chance to loose limb, gun destroyed, small explosion radius.
- 1 or 2 handed: To be 2 handed in up-to-date code.
- Single or dual rod loading: Single
- Matsci compatible, steel/metal only: Can load all, no effect otherwise. Material has to be metal to make rods out of them in the first place.
- Size class: 4; Doesnt fit in backpack, but on your back.

Crafting and firing it:

And for misfiring:

https://youtu.be/S_sVSkemQo4

Just code, shouldnt need new sprites:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/198hq_Uy...sp=sharing
Blob Mutantrace/Ambassador
Executive Producer: Podrick Equus/Lord Buckethead
Artist and "Coder": Stephmo

[Image: BlobFriend.png]

.dm and .dmi: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

dmi should be placed in icons/mobs

In code\obj\item\clothing\hats.dm please add "blob" to the list of compatible_species so that blobs may wear hats.

In code\datums\jobs.dm under /datum/job/special/random/diplomat please add slot_head = /obj/item/clothing/head/that (because all proper diplomats should have a tophat) and also add /datum/mutantrace/blob to the list of possible morphs for diplomats.
I made some small changes to the staple and zip gun, in which you can now load and unload them with a new type of clip/magazine containing staples.

These clips contain 20 staples and come with 6 sprites, depending on how many are left in the clip.
Using these in the zip gun won't make it explode, but they are really weak with just 5 brute damage. 
Though they will implant themselves guaranteed and will cause a few more points of brute damage over time, as well as some light bleeding and flinching.

I was playing around with making it so the zipgun can load more than 2 shots of staples, but that caused some conflicts with all other ammo types only allowing 2 shots, so I left that out.

Implementation notes:
- The old zipgun (/obj/item/gun/kinetic/zipgun) has to be commented out in code/obj/item/gun/kinetic.dm
- The /obj/item/staple_gun/attackby(obj/item/W, mob/user) proc in code/obj/item/surgery_tools.dm might have to be commented out
- The manufacturer recipe for the clips (/datum/manufacture/staples_clip) would have to be added to 3 lists in code/obj/machinery/manufacturer.dm
   - /obj/machinery/manufacturer/general to the list called "hidden"
   - /obj/machinery/manufacturer/robotics and /obj/machinery/manufacturer/medical to the list called "available"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MEEcH9d...sp=sharing
A few people on Discord came up with the idea for lubed bananapeels, so here they are!

Dip a bananapeel in a large beaker, filled with 100 units of spacelube. This will consume the lube and give the peel a new blueish tint and name change to "Lubed Banana Peel". Being in walk mode won't trigger it, as it is with normal peels.

Also has different messages depending on trying to use it on an empty beaker, a beaker without lube, beaker with less than 100u lube and already lubed peels.
I hope the lube effects havent changed since 2016 for this to work. Harmlube was added recently, so I didnt code those in.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d8v-G_x...sp=sharing
page 3: merged
TorchBuddy and PitchforkBuddy - for those times when you need an angry mob but your only friends are robots.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypbxjj1zolmn8f...s.zip?dl=0

It adds two GuardBuddy variants that only vary in minor details. They will patrol the station and occassionaly light up their torches / start waving their pitchforks at an unfortunate passerby. They will pester him with their demands for a while and then embark to look for a new victim. They will not actually harm anyone despite their menacing appearance. That is unless someone decided to emag them, that would be really mean. I think it could be okay to spawn one TorchBuddy and one PitchforkBuddy for the ass day. If they turn out to be too annoying just lower the probability of them speaking / doing stuff.

ckey: pali6

PS. I know I'm a bit late but let's pretend that I'm an American for a moment and that it is still 10.7., alright?
So!
Now that most people have had a chance to experience the Ass Jam content, let's discuss what features should be carried / grandfathered in to AssJam14 (x2), and which should see regular use!

Not really a hard vote system, just discuss pros and cons and what you liked best.
I think Density, with some fixes, shows potential as a recurring blood bath of a station every ass jam :beesleep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnoOVo9e...e=youtu.be

Donut 2.1 could see regular rotation as a real map.

Bee implants are quality and could see regular use.

I like the potato batteries, for what little I've seen of them. They're a neat idea.

Blob ambassador is cute. Keep them forever.

Display cases are kinda weird for regular use but I'd like to see them every assjam

ADD BOOM BOOTS AS A TRAITOR ITEM OH MY GOD, 12TC and make them glow red like the hat

The black squeaky boots could go in as a clown job reward
I vote for keeping the Blob Ambassador, and I think the clothes gene could be pretty fair if you bump the cooldown up to 300 seconds (and maybe give it the downside of giving you cursed clothing like the horse head very frequently unless you stabilise it if that's not enough). Density is a nightmare map and I love it, and Horizon/Atlas was a lot of fun but I don't know if I'd want them in regular rotation. I'd also love to see the Solid Snake traitor maybe enter regular rotation, too, they were a ton of fun.
MY STUFF
- Prison artifact big good, folks seem to like it
- Potato battery is satisfying and has a considerably different style of progression than standard crops, pls keep
- Rest of the stuff is meh? and should only be retained in any capacity if someone expresses explicit interest - icarus isn't exciting enough for ass day and may not be quality enough for rotation, trek suits are spiffy but not mechanically interesting, resprites are resprites

JHON MACHINATIONS I THINK
- Donut 2.1 rocks my socks off and I would at least like it for next assjam if not outright addition to rotation (directional windows may make this hard, but new perspective windoors may help, even for treatment rooms)
- Atlashorizon is a bit big but also nice for Ass Day because of systems redundancy, wouldn't object to its inclusion in further assjams

OTHER
- Density is hell and bad, keep it for next assjam it's great
- Instant noodles are simple and good, keep in some capacity
- Genetics outfit power is fun and unobjectionable
- Fartfart is entertaining as an indicator for "Something Is Not Right Here" and should be retained for next assjam

Unmentioned stuff I either haven't tried out enough, or don't really have an opinion on one way or the other
To be honest, a LOT of patches could go into the main game with fixes and changes.
I agree with MeWaka, there are a fair number of patches that, with a bit of tweaking, would be fun to see in every day SS13.