Mentor Application: Podrick Equus
Usual character name: Lord Buckethead (Human) // CYBREX (Synthetics)

BYOND username: Podrick Equus

Recommended by (if applicable): N/A

Goon servers you play: Almost exclusively Goon RP

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):  A willingness to learn is an important aspect to have. Ever since I had started playing, I've been asking questions. Whether it was how to do this or that, or if something was against the rules, or even advice on how to handle certain situations. As the days became weeks and the weeks became months, I've been finding myself asking fewer questions, and instead answering the questions of others. Coincidentally, one of my favorite things to do is to help newer players learn, and to ensure that they have an enjoyable experience.

While I do not claim to be the most knowledgeable player ever (far from it!), I like to believe that I possess enough experience to assist people in most positions. My favorite role is A.I. because I can easily ask around if anyone requires assistance with their work, and to help them figure out what they need to do next. Similarly, if I am working in a department like Science and someone asks me for help in learning, say, how to use the teleporter, I'll gladly drop what I'm doing to assist them. I don't really like to tell people to just "Push X, then turn on Y, then screw down Z." I'd rather try to walk people through a subject and explain why something works so that they can have that "ah-ha!" moment when it all clicks together.

As for what I am experienced in, I'll list the departments that I believe I am best at: Telescience, Pathology, A.I., Medical Doctor, Security Officer, Artifact Research, and Engineering. The other departments I admit I am only somewhat knowledgeable in, but I am striving to learn new things every day.

I love this server and the players in it! The community here made my early rounds full of fun and memorable experiences. I am quite lucky that Goonstation was the first server I picked when I started playing, as I might have quit had I not received a helping hand from the mentors. It is my desire that I can be that helping hand for someone else. Who knows? We might both learn something new together.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None.
You seem cool and fun and have been nice on the forums from what I've seen, though I can't attest to your overall coolness in-game. I'll give a +0.69
+1; Cool guy, never had problems IG. Regarding knowledge, he is the ONLY person I saw actually doing pathogens, that definitely made me remember him.
Absolutely. Entirely the right attitude, I think.
Podrick's full of creative ideas and a solid Arpeer™, good attitude.
+1
Really nice guy and very helpful as well, he sure as heck got my vote!
good rp, good enough at being a cool cat, +1
Friendly, helpful guy. +1
solid. very enthusiastic. has the right attitude. +1
Gonna put my vote into the yes bucket