Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Evolving Rounds for RP1
Basic idea:

All RP rounds start as extended.

At ~25-35 minutes, a problem is introduced to the round. An antagonist is randomly chosen and generated from the existing crew. an example rp situation we could code in would be the traitor getting a PDA message or signal on their headset that, when read, "Activates" them like a sleeper agent.

At 55-65 minutes, a twist on that problem is introduced. The power goes out, somebody the traitor killed becomes a wraith with the objective "seek revenge on your murderer", etc.

At 85-95 minutes, a new twist is introduced, and every 20 minutes thereafter to try to encourage "closing out" the round and switching staff without needing to get meta about "shift changes"

I like the idea of, potentially, no antag is even chosen at all at the first evolution of the round. I also like the idea of not getting immediate signals at round start that someone is a traitor, and peeps might get paranoid when people they were chumming it up with a few minutes earlier suddenly get reclusive; are they missing? an antagonist? just going to the bathroom???

idea blatantly stolen from someone else but I don't remember who, sorry.Stephmo on Discord
This was the basis around the "Nuclear Conspiracy" round I proposed to Warcrimes a few weeks back (and we actually got to try it!), where there were a few hard mode traitors specifically given a task to law low, (EDIT) sabatoge part of the station (/EDIT), and to not get caught. At the 30 minute mark they received a transmission to go to the listening post to...
Surprise! They received a nuke and some gear and were told to arm it and blow the station to kingdom come.

I fully agree with your idea but I don't think it should replace the current system, maybe just be added as a possible game mode along with the existing ones. Maybe the spawning timer should vary, and perhaps non-rp oriented antagonists can show up super late into the round (2+ hours).