Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Perma-labelers, for Security and pranking!
Essentially, a hand labeler but the label is either impossible to remove, or must be removed with a similar hand labeler and not a regular one.

There could be two ways that this would be implemented: Either as a red Sec-Labeler that can be found in the HoS's locker, or by emagging a regular labeler (and this emagged labeler could be found somewhere in the debris field), or both!

I originally thought up of this for pranking purposes, but someone brought up a good point: This would be very useful for ling-testing, as it would be nigh-impossible to remove one of these labels.
Limit it to a single label then. I don't want to see people with 10 labels after their names.
I also don't want to have 10 labels after my name.
I just grab all the stickers on the station and use those for that purpose. Works great.
A max of 1 label sounds good to me, honestly.
Sounds mad abusable if it functions the way the labeller does- You can't hide it, you can't change it, it's either going to suck all the mystery out of a stealther's round, or cover people in slurs.

How about a compromise: tattoo gun.
aim at a body part, write stuff in, somewhat longish loading bar (so your target is willing or restrained) and then it's visible as long as that part is uncovered.
permanent, conspicuous, but manageable.
[YES]
Honestly, I would tattoo the shit out of myself if possible, and possibly set up a parlour. Solid feature idea

Also, face/neck tattoos and patterns (just descriptions really, maybe with non-descript black markings on character) would be baller
Throw the Tattoo-ing in with the prison, along with maybe the barber shop
great idea, i would totally just stay in the genpop brig running my own tattooed prison gang

maybe have a standard and homemade version? The homemade can have blue text instead of black, or can vary depending on what colour of pen is inserted. Staplegun+Pen+wire+multitool or timer?
Get rid of your tattoos with lasers (Eguns, the PTL)
One issue that I could see coming up is the tattoos staying on limbs (legs, arms, head) once they are removed. Might be more technically challenging?
Seems like it'd be pretty easy to code limbs saving tattoos but I'm not sure if it would cause lag or not. Would be fun to steal someone's Tattoos by lobbing off their arm.
putting the tattoo directly on the limb is trivial actually, it should stick around easilly.
(06-11-2019, 07:25 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: putting the tattoo directly on the limb is trivial actually, it should stick around easilly.

Which, when you consider limbs no longer have identifiers, means getting them tattooed is a great way to help ID them