Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major The oxygen deprivation effect persists for way too long, even when you have air
See title. Essentially this is Major since you can't speak for unreasonably long periods of time, which can VERY easily lead to you dying if you can't call for help because you went into an airless room 5 minutes ago.
I haven't seen this personally. Were you wearing an emergency o2 tank? If those run out it will cause what you are describing
Dealt with this last night. Was trying to talk to someone about a massive engine fire they accidentally caused (or was that the one that was on purpose? I don't remember, not important.). Waited for a solid 4 minutes and they still were forced to whisper. It's not super common but it happens enough to be frustrating.

They had no oxygen tanks on either, their damage simply stayed at what it was for no noticeable reason. It shot to 0 after a while, so it's definitely not the no air needed mutation bug either.
Yeah, something's weird where your mob just forgets to breathe but also doesn't bother updating your health, so you just sort of sit there at whatever OXY / LOSEBREATH you had until your throat unclogs and you magically start breathing again.
Can confirm this.
It would also appear that something similar happens to atmos in general. Here's what I mean:

The status effect that indicates that you are being poisoned by plasma lasts even when you are no longer anywhere near plasma, though this does not appear to cause damage, thankfully.

The visible effects of plasma being present persist for quite a while, even when there's literally no atmosphere whatsoever anymore (such as by RCD'ing the floor), though thankfully the 'ghost-plasma' does not cause poisoning or even a status effect.

It may also be possible that a similar effect occurs with N2O, but I'm unsure of this.

As a result, it can be deduced that atmos is slow as all hell to update, and probably needs to be tweaked. Which is always fun.
I have had the oxygen bug before, and the actual problem was the oxy damage not healing itself.
I tried going into another room and using different air tanks, but my oxy damage would not reduce itself until I used salbutumol.