Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Decrease the time between spy bounties
I was recently thinking about how to improve spy thief, and one of the main ways I could see it being improved is reducing the amount of time between bounty updates. Right now with bounty updates set to every 15 minutes, if you manage to get 2 items per round, it'll take you until at least 35 minutes or so before you can get a tracker and start hunting other spies. By decreasing the time between bounties. Not only does it decrease the amount of time for the end game, it'll help cycle through more objectives leading to more potential interactions with crew members in the same time frame. This also gives newer players who may not be familiar with the objective items/locations to get involved as they might see more items they're familiar with.

While I'm not sure on the exact time I'd decrease it to, 10 - 12.5 minutes seems like it'd help speed up the round without drastically impacting the balance. I just really enjoy spy thief, but I feel like it has a bit too much dead time or too few interactions for most of the crew. Let me know what you think of the idea!
Two sets of objectives that update every 5 minutes. Every 5 minutes, the previous set of objectives is removed and a newer set is chosen.

Alternative possibilities:
- Three sets of objectives instead (each with ~3 items)
- Older sets of objectives are worth less in terms of traitor-item value (but still count as full for the tracker)

Do you stay on top for the hottest, newest bounties? Or do you let the heat cool down on the older ones and pick up the stragglers?
Maybe? You should generally be doing things between the time, like finding and killing spies without the tracker. The tracker is just kind of an "okay you deserve a win i guess" button. Might not be a bad idea though.
More objectives to steal means more chances to get busted by someone, giving the other spies a heads up as to who else is a thief v
(06-08-2019, 07:24 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: Two sets of objectives that update every 5 minutes. Every 5 minutes, the previous set of objectives is removed and a newer set is chosen.

Alternative possibilities:
- Three sets of objectives instead (each with ~3 items)
- Older sets of objectives are worth less in terms of traitor-item value (but still count as full for the tracker)

Do you stay on top for the hottest, newest bounties? Or do you let the heat cool down on the older ones and pick up the stragglers?

I like this idea. It adds more choice and nuance.

I do get that the spy thief downtime is meant to hunt down other thieves and possibly set up ambushes. That's why I think a slight reduction to like 12.5 minutes might be preferable. It would still slightly speeds up the round, but still allow for that sort of game play.
My thought is that more objectives and more stealing means more chances for a spy to be caught and outed, which could clue in the other antagonists without needing a tracker.
I like this idea. 5 minute objectives is good though it seems like it would take awhile to get some of the stuff stolen AND THEN to the objective zone to put in your PDA. Especially if you don't know the map 100%