Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sol Run- Antag Tokens
I've noticed some people don't like having their round ended when I run sol, and i kinda feel bad for the antags because asking over mentorhelp it seems like the don't get tokens. So simple Idea , if the round is pre-60 minutes? Or there about the antags could get tokens, unless an antag runs sol, in which case no tokens should be awarded, to avoid abusing it for tokens?
I think the abrupt end of round that Sol causes is also frustrating to nonantags. There's been a few recent instances where I was quite enjoying a good round as a nonantag and it ended earlier than I would've preferred because somebody ran Sol. The shuttle typically is expected to be called when the players want the round to end, Sol just kind of happens.

I'm against a player-driven way to generate antag tokens. They're supposed to be an "I'm sorry about my admin stuff fucking up your round/the server crashing", not a "another player did something that messed up your antag round here have another". The situations where we give people antag tokens should be accidental, we don't want players to get into situations where they should be given an antag token because that intrinsically means that something bad happened; we don't want people's antag rounds to just poof, even if we give them a token to make up for it. Once again, I think the primary problem is that it suddenly ends the round. It's a cool and dramatic effect but the gameplay implications of it are not 100% fun and it sucks for people who were enjoying the round, antag or not.
I can understand the frustration, but if you put in something that allows players to "earn" antag tokens in any way, it will be abused.

I can already see someone telling people on skype to do a sol run shortly after they murderboned an entire crew.
Yeah I'm not sure how to delete this idea but Zam's Idea posted around the same time covers way more and touches on that, if anyone reads this i suggest they just go there instead.