Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make the Sol bad ending less disruptive
Changes:

1. All space doesn't become fire, just the Solarium
2. The round continues as normal and doesn't immediately end
3. Nobody catches on fire; the station is safe aside from the solar flares and rad event
4. After the escape shuttle departs, it arrives at a sort of not-Centcom, some fucked up disaster zone variant (even if it's just Centcom but torched)
5. After the antag printout and round ending details, the game displays the sad guardbuddy and then restarts gracefully instead of pseudo-crashing

Goals:

1. Make Sol runs less disruptive and no longer able to suddenly end a round with no warning; shuttle calls take at least 7 minutes (5-6 arrive, 0-2 depart, 2 centcom)
2. Allow people to know who the antags were, earn crew objectives, or whatever else (as the round normally ends)
3. Provide a slight amount of plot relevance for the whole 'everything is on fire' thing, given that the stations are way far away from Sol while Earth (and Centcom) are very much not

E: Would probably be a good reason to change the "server" from a box labeled after the station name to something else, as Lore People ™ have said that it's just a stand-in for something they haven't developed yet
YES! This would make me, and a lot of other people hate sol a lot less, and ensure that a perfectly good round is not ruined in the process.
I think Im going to go take down my antag token idea, this is much much better, and I really like it. I hope it can be arranged.
Great idea. I'd vastly prefer this over the current situation. It even makes more sense. Maybe one day a spooky centcomm disaster round where they escape back to the station?