Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spy: Let Mindslaves See Who Other Mindslaves Are
Give allied Mindslaves the same tag the master has. I just had a Spy round where an allied Mindslave who was given the order "kill everyone" went derp and killed me and another allied Mindslave. Oh and Spy rounds probably need more work anyway because they're almost always massively unfun; and masters implanting masters at the start of the round is way too common.
Embolism Wrote:Give allied Mindslaves the same tag the master has.
Yes

Quote:Oh and Spy rounds probably need more work anyway because they're almost always massively unfun; and masters implanting masters at the start of the round is way too common.

A fix: After the stun of the mindslave, very shortly after the mindslave implant drops out of your body, giving a very noticeable message, such as:
Phundance Tealy's body shutters and unnaturally forces out the implant, dropping from him and landing on the ground!
The only problem, I guess, is that you can't capture an enemy mindslave, replant them as your own and send them back as an undercover agent.

Oh who are we kidding, no one plays Spy subtly as it was seemingly designed to be played and every spy round is basically an "everyone's a rampaging traitor" round.
Here's a fun idea.

Take something important. like say the nuke disk.

Have every spy have an objective of hold it at the end of the round.

Give them a objective pinpointer, and have the entire thing be about chasing after the disk (or some other important item) as a less obvious nuke round.

Heck maybe even just pick a random item that's rare on the station and watch every spy kill eachother chasing after it.

It would be like capture the flag for spies.

Spy assemble a team to steal the shiny thing and get the shuttle before another spy does.

Maybe add some random fun traitor items, like cartoony bombs, or some bear traps or something, so spies can trap each other or members of the crew who are unlucky enough to get caught in the cross fire.

Maybe it could be a fun admin gimmick thing instead. I don't know. Assemble a crew, steal important thing before someone else does.
I do agree that the objectives of killing other spymasters are long drawn out, and often uneven. You gave me some neat objective idea' atomic, basing it around an object could be very interesting. Way more spy stuff involved.

Objective: Locate and secure the briefcase, ensuring that the valuable doohicky returns on the shuttle.
A briefcase is hidden somewhere on the station, and in it is a valuable doohicky sending a distress signal (you have a gps). You can go rush, mindslave nobody and locate the briefcase and find some cool randomly generated stuff, like 1 million credits, poison, other traitor shit, but then you'd be essentially a moving target with the doohicky that's sending out a distress signal you can't turn off.
Or you can build a team then wait till someone gets the briefcase then hunt them down.
Or you can rig the briefcase with a bomb. In which case it would respawn like the nuclear disk
... The possibilities are endless.
it might be cool if spy's had the objective to hack in to a certain computer to steal Nanotrasen's swiss bank account.

imo, objectives for all antagonists need more FUN.
atomic1fire Wrote:stuff
Sundace Wrote:other stuff
I like this. Get either the nuke disk, or the freeform module, or some other randomly selected macguffin, and keep it on your person when the shuttle leaves. It can work if the lead spy or a mindslave had it. Of course, all spy leaders in the round will have the same macguffin.