Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIREWORKS
or "stuff I promise isn't primarily intended to destroy the station"

Basically a bunch of crappier fireworks, then perhaps some fun stuff a chemist can dangerously make with a cardboard tube, black powder, and a timer/igniter.

The crappy fireworks could probably be novelty items bought off station or gained from ducks.

Things like those little snappers, and snakes.

Assistant buys a pack of snakes, sets them on fire, runs only to notice that a little black thing popped out of some smoke unimpressively.

Snappers are thrown and explode on contact, with not much chance of being harmful. If they were made by chemist, I guess it would be paper + a beaker of like 1 unit of silver fulminate

You could probably reuse one beaker or something, or maybe use a dropper I don't know.

Also those little confetti firework things could be fun, except you would just click on them and hear a "bang" and maybe have some small amount of confetti land on the floor.

More fun fireworks could be made by the chemist with cardboard tubes for off station fireworks displays, or possible severe burns because someone was dumb (or malicious) enough to put one inside the station.
Quote:Snappers are thrown and explode on contact, with not much chance of being harmful. If they were made by chemist, I guess it would be paper + a beaker of like 1 unit of silver fulminate

If they give a finger snap when thrown, this is more or less something EVERYONE would want.
Bottle rockets: Firecracker + rods (Terrible recipe, but as logical as some of the cooking recipes). Can be launched at a mob or object, or used in-hand to rip the stick off, in which case using it again makes it target a random mob/obj in a number of tiles. Minor burn damage and/or knockdown.

Also larger fireworks should totally blow off arms if you don't throw them fast enough. v
Dareon Wrote:Minor burn damage and/or knockdown.
No. These things are meant to be completely harmless and stupid, and if they end up being pop-its that make the snap with a little message that says "Pubbie Sucksalot throws the pop-it at the floor! How quaint!" I'd be happy to see tham in the game, but I don't want htem to hurt others or to be weapons. And no syndy-rockets either.

Dareon Wrote:fireworks should totally blow off arms if you don't throw
At the same time I totally agree with this, because pranksters totally deserve it. Like the idea.
Sparklers which just sparkle in your hand and burn you if you hold onto them for to long. No warning as to how long.
Discount Dan's Fabulous Festive Fireworks
FishDance Wrote:I'd be happy to see tham in the game, but I don't want htem to hurt others or to be weapons.
Yeah, I can agree there. I was iffy about including any sort of concrete effect, because fireworks griefing would quickly become unfunny.