Dio's HoS Application
Usual character name: Nikolai Vorza
BYOND username: Diokizu01
Recommended by (if applicable): None
Goon servers you play: Goon 1

Reason for application: I've rarely seen HoS around on Goon 1 and I would like to help out! And I love playing Security/Command.

Security experience (300 word minimum): I basically began by playing security, after learning controls as a botanist, and my buddy and I took off as security officers! When I first begin it was a little bumpy with learning times of brigging people and things like that (The admins pulled me aside once and spoke to me about it when I first started playing, and I glad that they did), including figuring out what crime was what, but now I have learned almost all of that and I really enjoy being able to enforce the major things while also letting people still have fun on the server (no one likes a power hungry security officer that never allows any fun at all right?). I started leaning more towards the stricter side of security, until I was on the receiving end of one of those people once and realized that it ruins a lot of fun for so many people so I ended up letting smaller crimes slide because they were fun and didn't really affect anyone. I recently began playing Detective as well, and I have been really enjoying it! Being able to investigate and actually question people has been so much fun, including making a few willing arrests (asking them to comply and they did) and also lower their brig time because of it! I enjoyed being able to track down who did what and have a role that basically specialized in doing those type of things like finding prints on doors, tracking blood, all of that fun stuff! I personally have loved Security and it's by far my absolute favorite job on the entire station. I have always enjoyed being able to protect people, or attempt to protect people, even in real life and it definitely carries over to space station 13, it's very enjoyable and sometimes can be extremely relaxing or extremely stressful during the shift!

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? 
    Advice for other Sec players would be don't be super strict, and don't be afraid of what feels like "short" times on the timers in the brig. You have to remember that the person you threw in there is still a person, one who is enjoying their day just as you are and playing on SS13 with you! 
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? 
    I think one of my favorite moments was actually just a little while ago when I spent basically the entire round trying to calm down a dispute between a clown and a mime, after arresting them multiple times for assault on each other and other crewmates. It was probably the funniest thing to watch, a conversation between a clown and a mime!
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? 
    I think an improvement would be to make the "space law" book a little more accurate for the timers on the brig. I see too many security officers putting people in for a time equal to murder, when all the did was steal something. 
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    Usually when I am the only security officer I end up being a little more of a "call me and Ill come" while just patrolling the halls. When there is a full team, I usually just let the rest of the team know that I am fine with either patrolling around or just hanging out back at the main checkpoint and watch the cameras.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Clowns are annoyingBees are cute and funI suck at poems~A SS13 Haiku
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? 
    I once wanted to enforce a law that everyone on the station had to wear dresses while they worked, but the captain never let me.. Feels bad
  • Draw a picture!
    Hahaha, I can't draw.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None
(06-04-2019, 02:33 PM)DioKizu01 Wrote:
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Clowns are annoying
    Bees are cute and funI suck at poems~A SS13 Haiku

That's not even a Haiku!
DENIED!

(06-05-2019, 09:10 AM)Technature Wrote:
    Clowns are annoying

That's not even a Haiku!
DENIED!

Wait, i can do better.

That's not a Haiku
The number of syllables
is totally wrong
~A haiku over the anger of getting haikus wrong.
    Clowns are annoying

That's not even a Haiku!
DENIED!

Clowns are annoying

That's not even a Haiku!
DENIED!

Wait, i can do better.

That's not a Haiku
The number of syllables
is totally wrong
~A haiku over the anger of getting haikus wrong.

I actually did know that, I just can't write!
I've had good experiences with Nikolai in game with various jobs, though I personally have not interacted with them very often when they were Sec or Detective. As such I can't really say whether they'd be good for the job or not.
I don't play on Goon1 at all so I don't recognize your name but I like your attitude on how to play sec. I would say keep playing more Detective because Detective is the closest to HoS in my opinion and learning how to investigate and stuff is very good.
I can't say yes or no to this app because I haven't ever seen you play at all but just keep playing sec and detective and I'm sure eventually you will be an HoS.
Now that I've actually started paying attention to Nikolai's work in Security, I think they are a fantastic Detective and definitely have a great attitude towards investigative work and handling suspects, and they are quite fun to play with (and against!).
Denied due to insufficient support. You can apply again in the future - I recommend keeping up your security work so more players can see how you do!