Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Discord ban appeal for Gurt (Kak0phony)
My Discord Username: Gurt (Kak0phony#4259)
Date and time of the ban: June 4th (earlier today)
Who banned me: Unknown
Message given in the kick, if present: no message was given, just kicked from the server. Upon attempting to rejoin it said "this user is banned from that guild"
Summary of events leading up to the ban: I was on mobile app, talking in the spacemen channel. Somebody had asked how you build a TTV bomb and gotten an answer, I took that as a cue that I could also ask how to build something I'd been having trouble with. The wiki has instructions on how to build this thing, but it never worked when I tried it in game. After asking about it, the server suddenly vanished from my list, and I assume I was kicked.
Why I should be unbanned: I've scoured the rules to see what I could have done wrong, and I think I accidentally asked about a secret item maybe? I didn't think it was secret since it had precise instructions to construct it on the wiki, but I'll refrain from talking about that kind of stuff again. I just joined the discord today, and have every intention to follow the rules and be respectful. If there are any
other rules I've broken, please let me know.
Ok, this was my ban.  One of two things is true, and honestly, I don't know which, because DIscord in its INFINITE WISDOM defaults to 'delete previous 24 hours of messages' and I suspect it doesn't always obey when you tell it not to do that.

Thing I know to be true: One of the first things you said when you joined, which was smack in the middle of a chud raid, was 'hello.... gamers....', and I know this because Wonk quoted it to me in amongst the chaos of the chud hunt.

Possibility 1: You joined at the worst possible time, and completely accidentally chose a hello message that just happened to be strikingly similar to the intro to a bunch of epic le meme gamers rise bullshit
Possibility 2: You were part of the chud raid, I goned you before you could say anything spicier, and this appeal attempt is some peculiar attempt to continue the hassle until we get bored of it.

Real talk? I honestly can't decide.  Tell you what.  Reply again with something vaguely shaped like 'lmao wow what a coincidence, i promise i wasn't trying to start shit' and I'll unban you.  I'm literally just asking you to level with me here.  If you actually were trying to start or perpetuate shit, please just save us both some time, take the W, and move on.  Your call!

edit to add: i promise this isn't a trap, this is me saying 'it's entirely possible i fucked this one up' and literally straight up asking you if i fucked this one up.
(06-04-2019, 11:29 AM)popecrunch Wrote: Ok, this was my ban.  One of two things is true, and honestly, I don't know which, because DIscord in its INFINITE WISDOM defaults to 'delete previous 24 hours of messages' and I suspect it doesn't always obey when you tell it not to do that.

Thing I know to be true: One of the first things you said when you joined, which was smack in the middle of a chud raid, was 'hello.... gamers....', and I know this because Wonk quoted it to me in amongst the chaos of the chud hunt.

Possibility 1: You joined at the worst possible time, and completely accidentally chose a hello message that just happened to be strikingly similar to the intro to a bunch of epic le meme gamers rise bullshit
Possibility 2: You were part of the chud raid, I goned you before you could say anything spicier, and this appeal attempt is some peculiar attempt to continue the hassle until we get bored of it.

Real talk? I honestly can't decide.  Tell you what.  Reply again with something vaguely shaped like 'lmao wow what a coincidence, i promise i wasn't trying to start shit' and I'll unban you.  I'm literally just asking you to level with me here.  If you actually were trying to start or perpetuate shit, please just save us both some time, take the W, and move on.  Your call!

edit to add: i promise this isn't a trap, this is me saying 'it's entirely possible i fucked this one up' and literally straight up asking you if i fucked this one up.

(sorry if the formatting on this is weird, I'm not used to using forums and this is hard on mobile)

This was definitely a huge misunderstanding lol. I started using "gamers" ironically awhile back and it kinda just turned into my preferred gender neutral way of addressing people. I forget there's like.. real freaks who use it as a pseudo dogwhistle. I don't have any intention of starting shit in the server, this was just a wrong-place wrong-time situation
Good enough for me! Unbanned, friend