Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Surgery and mousetrap bombs
I thought I could be sneaky and put a mousetrap bomb in a mindslave, then send them running to medbay to have it removed.

Unfortunately, I tested it on a monkey, and the bomb doesn't go off when you take it out. It doesn't help that the mousetrap keeps getting disarmed and rearmed when they're grabbed, but even when the bomb came out armed, it didn't detonate. I did this with a fire fighting grenade so I wouldn't get in trouble, but I assume pipe bombs will have the same problem.

What I haven't tested yet is proximity bombs. If they don't trigger inside people then this might not be needed. Although snapping surgeons with hidden mousetraps would still be funny!
as a note, giving them a regular pipebomb will prime it when theyre grabbed to place them on the table, which might have the same effect you're looking for, with a little added risk of premature detonation.

As is, i dont think mousetrap bombs work because the chest is not a regular box-like container and therefore doesn't "open". That could probably be amended.

Note to self to look at adding a specific case for mousetraps
Wouldn't a pipebomb also trigger if someone got clicked with help intent or farted?
yeah thats what i was refering to as the "added risk" - if your plan is to send someone to medbay and have them blow up in the doctor's good hands, it works. If the plan is a very specific controlled detonation, less so.
I had thought it might be a simple addition, but if chest items aren't treated as being in a container then I imagine it could be a pain to put in. I could get the exact same effect with a remote detonator and a code phrase to shout on the radio, I just thought the mousetrap would be funnier!