Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Janitors and the chaplain should spawn with their shoes
Galoshes and the magic sandals are supposed to be special footwear that the janitor and chaplain have. Both prevent you from slipping on non-spacelubed surfaces. However, because both of these spawn in the custodial and religious supplies lockers respectively, if there is no janitor or chaplain they quickly become the captain's or HoP's special shoes. This is NotGood because:

- It sucks to latejoin as either job and not be able to have your fancy shoes because a head stole them.

- It takes the cool feeling of exclusivity those jobs have away a bit, making the shoes not job-specific but instead access-specific. Kind of takes away a lot of the charm when you see the HoP wearing the chaplain's special shoes!

- Jobs that are high in authority should always be able to slip because it's really funny when the captain/HoP slips while trying to do something specifically because they're the "authority figures" on the station. With how easy it is for both jobs to just grab either item when the job is missing takes away from this. This is doubly true on maps that have multiple custodial closets.

I think it would be better if both pairs of shoes spawned on their respective job's feet instead of in their lockers, similarly to how the detective's gun spawns in their bag or how the nukedisk spawns in the captain's pocket.
Honestly this has been in the back of my mind for the longest time and the fact that I didn't say anything has just been "Well it's not the biggest thing in the world". If the Barman spawns with his shotgun, why the actual hell wouldn't the Janitor or Chaplain spawn with their shoes?
Yeah sure just let them spawn with them on their feet
Maybe also still have galoshes in the lockers, as Cog1 even has two pairs of galoshes
I want this too. It'd make being the second Janitor on maps that don't have another pair for the other Janitor (which is basically every map besides Cog1, Cog2, and maybe Horizon) much more bearable.
Of course yeah keep a spare pair of golashes and sandals in the lockers where they already are. Just have the chaplain and janitor spawn with a new pair on their feet already
Keeping the footwear in the locker with this change would only make it so they're up for grabs for heads almost every round rather than just quite a few rounds. The whole point of the idea is to make them more exclusive to their respective jobs so that they feel more special and valuable, keeping them in the lockers would take away from that.
Maybe have the galoshes available via CM but otherwise none in the lockers
Yes please.

also hops who give themselves all access at roundstart should get a jobban
No, I have to agree with Flaborized on this one. Making them able to be gained via any other way, especially from QM, just makes janitor's and chaplain's staff assistants with slightly more access.

You want those galoshes, you beat the janitor to death like the rest of us.
there's already several pairs of galoshes or sandals you can aquire otherwise without breaking into the lockers, so it'd just make it slightly more lengthy to aquire.

regardless, yes chap and janitor might aswell spawn with their shoes since they're integral parts of the jobs.
I mean, Galoshes/Magic Sandals would make an excellent debris field/abandoned crate item if you're removing it from the station proper.

And yes, spawning with them would be nice.
The shoes aren't nearly as useful as they used to be, since you can now walk over everything they would protect you from normally. It's no barman shotgun/detective revolver.

I don't see any particularly strong reason to make them exclusive to the spawning player, but I also don't see any particularly strong reason not to
galoshes already exist in the debris field aardvarko
(05-28-2019, 09:47 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: galoshes already exist in the debris field aardvarko

Sorta like how you can find a boatload of magic sandals at the hidden workshop?