Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give all robots their own PDA apps
Currently, Securitrons can be summoned or set to patrol via an app installed in AI/Security PDAs. It would broaden the usefulness of all robot types if it were possible to control them the same way. Firebots and Floorbots in particular have to be dragged rather close to fires or hull breaches (respectively) for their sensors to kick in. Additionally, being able to set them to patrol would give Medbots and Cleanbots a serious buff.

Somewhat related, it would be nice to be able to change their settings from an app as well. This is most critical for Securitrons, since they have to be disabled (or at least set to "Don't check for weapons authorization") on every Blob/Flockdrone round. Otherwise they end up as serious liabilities to the station.
Medbots are generally supposed to be kept in medbay because medical staff are lazy fucks sometimes they can just get swamped and ANYTHING keeping people alive is better than nothing.

Firebots and cleanbots should definitely go on patrol though. Floorbots would need more programming so that they don't go outside and immediately panic but otherwise would be neat.
I don't think they necessarily need to go on routes, but being able to be summoned, or maybe even respond to crisis alerts would be great.

Going into crit, you could summon a medbot to your location before you pass out
That's pretty good. Still leaves floor bots though.

Especially since the fastest way from most of North to most of South is space on Cog 1.
(05-25-2019, 10:22 AM)Technature Wrote: Medbots are generally supposed to be kept in medbay because medical staff are lazy fucks sometimes they can just get swamped and ANYTHING keeping people alive is better than nothing.

Between the sleepers and the cryo chambers, you don't really need more than 1-2 Medbots in medbay. I like to print one immediately as QM to help the Miners (and myself). Robotics can make a ton of them quickly since they have easy access to empty medkits. Manually placing them around the map is a bit of a chore though.
To be honest, I'm going off the assumption that no one makes more of them.

Main reasons being either:
A.Of course they fucking don't.
or
B.They've been on the nasty end of an E-mag rampage and don't feel like living it again. Which is reasonable.

If people make more of them, then they can definitely be spread around.