Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Have Geneticists start with a data disk
Currently, only sec starts with data disks, but I feel it would be nice to give the people that run the cloner their own data disks, in order to quickly scan geneticists. This is especially helpful if there is only 1 geneticist.
I always thought it was the medical doctors job to use it, since geneticists dont do anything but look at their console or harrass the station with their powers.
But now that you mention it, genetics is usually placed adjacent to it. Or always adjacent even.
One of the geneticist's spawn locations is even at the cloner console.
Yeah geneticists don't touch the cloner. Ever. Literally Ever. Only the medical doctors mess with it. Geneticists only mess with their genetics consoles. Thats the reason the cloner was removed from genetics many years ago.
Force them to touch it, like maybe making it beneficial to clone people for the first time if they insert, say, a disk into it, then put it back into their console
(05-24-2019, 12:05 PM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: Force them to touch it, like maybe making it beneficial to clone people for the first time if they insert, say, a disk into it, then put it back into their console

I'm certain this is why there is a genetics analysis option for cloning.
Yeah, geneticists are TECHNICALLY supposed to clone people. It takes nearly no time to start the cloning process and requires little maintenance and they still can't be bothered to do it 99% of the time.

You'd think they'd do it every so often while waiting for new materials but nope.