Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Clarification on mindslave secrets
I just wanted to get clarification and opinions on something that came up in Discord a couple of days ago.

People were discussing being asked to give secret chem recipes as a mindslave, which obviously is against the rules. Then people brought up being asked to make secret chems. On the wiki this is stated as being ok, it's even listed under the mindslave part of Being a Better Traitor. Some players in the Discord then said they waste their master's time if told to do this, by asking for rare, unnecessary ingredients and saying they need more time if asked what they're doing.

Unfortunately I don't remember the exact time and date of this conversation, as I only really thought about it after re-reading that guide in the wiki. I definitely remember telling more experienced players to make death chems for me back when I played as Peter Connolly, but that's over a year ago. I'd like to know for sure if the wiki's still up to date, or if players can use their own discretion in a case like this. And I apologise if I've mis-remembered the conversation, it's possible there were other factors I haven't mentioned, like the mindslave master trying to spy on the creation.
Heres my two cents as someone who is a chemnerd in their spare time. A mindslave shouldn't be telling or giving away the recipe to the master straight up but they shouldn't be nerds and purposely sabotage their masters plan by wasting time and not doing what their ordered.
If the master asks a person to make a secret chem that they're capable of, they should ideally in good spirit perform that task.

If they're asking them for the recipe or telling the slave to make it and then watching them dutifully, they're being a jerk as well as breaking the rules and you're in full rights to refuse and ahelp it is my two cents.
I'd personally throw in a very large amount of red herring requests if they want to help you make it via ingredient delivery but I haven't played in a year and am suffering from severe mental decay because of this.
It seems to me that making secret chems would take awhile to make regardless of any stalling. It's disappointing to know that some people would gladly disregard a master's orders when it suits them and waste even more time.
Not all secret chems take long to make.
I wonder if you should task your master to fetch stuff at all, because those things would possibly spoil parts of the recipe.
(05-23-2019, 10:17 PM)The Gorog Wrote: Not all secret chems take long to make.
I wonder if you should task your master to fetch stuff at all, because those things would possibly spoil parts of the recipe.

Having a mindslave give a master tasks doesn't seem right.