Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Cloner disk saving seems to be buggy
You can load someone's data from the disks that Security starts with, but after that the disks appear to become worthless - trying to save anything on them results in "Error: disk corruption", and you can't reload the data from them either.

(Possible pipe dream feature: clone scan files as normal text files you can edit to fuck with the appearance/name/etc. of a cloned person)
This was actually intentional because it seemed like the easiest way to prevent infinite cloning, but I'm super open to any ideas. For the pipe dream feature, would that ideally integrate with genetics or ThinkDOS?
It'd be nice to be able to create backup copies of others with the cloner, though, or at least reuse the disks once uploaded. You can't save or transfer other profiles to it, and the wiki still mentions using them as a way of preventing genetic drift (i.e. the max HP loss from multiple clones). I think. I haven't checked it lately.

As for the last part, it could be both. Genetics has a semi-functional appearance editor (but you can't change names, gender, age, and some other things), but being able to hack your dumb stuff via some DOS line editing would be funny, especially when you fuck up and turn into some horrible half-baked clone with one arm.