Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ideas for my Pathology patch
Quote: the same, but your glow is based on your health, from green (100) to red (0) or white (< 0)
I really like this one. Maybe it flashes when in crit?
Flashing probably wouldn't play nicely with the lighting delays, though you could make it get dimmer as you slip further into critical.
(05-23-2019, 10:41 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Do we have autobrewery syndrome yet ?

That was added in one of camryn's patches I believe.

Also, I'd like to note that sadly, a lot of these Cool Ideas don't really work due to the way disease_act works: it's basically like the on_life proc.
I'm not an expert, but could the disease not simply modify the mob's abilityholder and treat some of those as (hidden) genetics powers? I think Random Mutations acts somewhat like this.
(05-23-2019, 03:06 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: I'm not an expert, but could the disease not simply modify the mob's abilityholder and treat some of those as (hidden) genetics powers? I think Random Mutations acts somewhat like this.

the issue is REMOVING the bioeffects if the disease ever gets cured.
I think I'm gonna wrap up this patch soon to hopefully get it added (after finishing the TODOs of course)
Perhaps something that would effectively make you immune to electric shocks?
(05-30-2019, 10:59 PM)Argun1 Wrote: Perhaps something that would effectively make you immune to electric shocks?

That's already a genetics power, and sort of already exists with the Capacitor T5.
Ah, forgot about that one when I wrote the suggestion. What I'd LOVE to see, is the ability to sort the pathogens in the sequencer. The list gets VERY long after some time, and there's been quite a few times where I've accidentally gone down one path, only to realize it ended at tier 2 or 3.

Addendum to that: when you've got a tier 2 finished (no longer transient), you can't make that same combo again?
(05-31-2019, 04:28 PM)Argun1 Wrote: Addendum to that: when you've got a tier 2 finished (no longer transient), you can't make that same combo again?

You can make that combo again, but it won't yield a new symptom. Every unique stable combo correlates to one symptom.
Phantom limb syndrome: Let's ghosts observing you occasionally control your arms and legs. How often depends on the severity

(That or it just makes your limbs behave like how they normally would when given a foreign limb)

And since you want beneficial pathogens (Much less fun to come up with) different strains of the sunglasses disease that give you other goggle effects
(06-03-2019, 05:18 AM)MrMagolor Wrote:
(05-31-2019, 04:28 PM)Argun1 Wrote: Addendum to that: when you've got a tier 2 finished (no longer transient), you can't make that same combo again?

You can make that combo again, but it won't yield a new symptom. Every unique stable combo correlates to one symptom.

What I'm trying to get at there, is that yes, you can make that combo again, but it wastes your DNA from the available pathogen. In the splicer, making the combo is good, but in the DNA analyzer portion, it's sometimes frustrating.
(05-21-2019, 09:02 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: You should make one that makes you fart out pure O2, to go along with the plasma and CO2 variants. Give your subject that + breathless + heat resist mutations and sentence them to the engine combustion chamber with an IV drip of refried beans

I like this one because it could also be paired with plasma farts to make a hellburn fart disease