Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ideas for my Pathology patch
I'm working on a pathology patch, and I figured it would be a lot easier for me to get ideas if I made a thread and asked the community.

Stuff I already have:
One that adjusts temperature towards room temp like teporone
One that heals brain damage
One that cures cardiac failure/arrest (and in stage 5 can regen missing heart)
One that replaces your eyes with polarized cybereyes (beneficial variant of sunglass glands)
One that regenerates limbs (only human/synth)
One that regenerates limbs of random type (includes item arms)
One that makes you shout random macho man sound effects
Wiznerd syndrome (credit Vengarr)
One that randomly changes the type of your eyes
incorporeal symptom (credit glassofmilk)

TODO:
One that randomly changes your limb type (regardless of whether you already have a limb or not)
money farting (credit glassofmilk)

Changes to pre-existing symptoms:
Gave senility & leprosy actual hints
Made accelerated metabolisis & cleansing have non-reagent hints, as well as not having the exact same microscope hints
Buffed oxygen conversion/production to make them worthwhile of being t5s
Gave shakespearitis a reagent hint, to go with the fact that wiznerd and macho symptom have the same general hint
You should make one that makes you fart out pure O2, to go along with the plasma and CO2 variants. Give your subject that + breathless + heat resist mutations and sentence them to the engine combustion chamber with an IV drip of refried beans
I'm glad to hear that someone's working on updating pathology!

I've wanted to point out for a while that the symptom that is supposed to give only beneficial mutations can also give the booster mutations, which can have very NON-beneficial outcomes. I think that has to do with the good/bad mutation classifications that are also used for stuff like mutating from radiation and things like that, so it might be a little beyond the scope of this patch?

Also, I've always felt like the healing symptoms were pretty underwhelming, although I haven't done the exact math on them to know how much they heal.

EDIT: Oh, also, are you only looking for ideas for beneficial symptoms or potentially harmful ones as well?
A FOXDIE analogue that only kills you if you have a certain attribute.
Wiznerd Syndrome. Makes you randomly shout out wizard spells (PHEE CABUE). Final stage makes you grow a beard.
Kuwu. Like Kuru, but it makes you Uwu.
Plasma breather. Makes it so you can breathe plasma fine, but oxygen is now poisonous.
(05-21-2019, 10:36 AM)Vengarr Wrote: Plasma breather. Makes it so you can breathe plasma fine, but oxygen is now poisonous.

An idea so powerful, it's already in the game
(05-21-2019, 11:11 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 10:36 AM)Vengarr Wrote: Plasma breather. Makes it so you can breathe plasma fine, but oxygen is now poisonous.

An idea so powerful, it's already in the game

If you're talking about the Plasmatoid disease, then no it's not. Hasn't been in since 2016 for some reason.
Fairly certain it's in a mutation of some sort, but might be off my rocker
One that will cause you to say whatever anyone else infected with it says, and vice versa.

One that makes all food taste terrible

One that causes sudden spikes in movement speed

One makes canned sitcom noises when you laugh, clap, gasp etc
I would like to remind everyone that I wanted BENEFICIAL symptoms.
You can't remind us because you didn't say it in the first place.
A symptom that occasionally turns you incorporeal, letting you walk through walls and preventing anything from hitting you
A super kawaii symptom where early symptoms force you into help intent, later stages force everyone around you into help intent as well, turns your face into a permanent Uguu mask
A symptom that makes your sneezes/coughs/farts eject useful items. (Money, pills of beneficial chems, weapons?) Needs to be combined with another symptom that actually causes sneezing/coughing/farting
(05-22-2019, 04:06 AM)glassofmilk Wrote: A symptom that occasionally turns you incorporeal, letting you walk through walls and preventing anything from hitting you
A super kawaii symptom where early symptoms force you into help intent, later stages force everyone around you into help intent as well, turns your face into a permanent Uguu mask
A symptom that makes your sneezes/coughs/farts eject useful items. (Money, pills of beneficial chems, weapons?) Needs to be combined with another symptom that actually causes sneezing/coughing/farting

Money farting = good
But as for the incoporeal one - good idea, but I'll need to sanity check it to of course not work in adventure Zs.
(05-21-2019, 10:36 AM)Vengarr Wrote: A FOXDIE analogue that only kills you if you have a certain attribute.
Wiznerd Syndrome. Makes you randomly shout out wizard spells (PHEE CABUE). Final stage makes you grow a beard.
Kuwu. Like Kuru, but it makes you Uwu.
Plasma breather. Makes it so you can breathe plasma fine, but oxygen is now poisonous.

Wiznerd syndrome is good - I originally thought of having it also say the wizard voice lines at high stages, but sadly that would require a huge wall of ifs, not to mention that it would be even trickier when it comes to female voice lines.

also, plasma breather is... honestly not very good, because more often than not when plasma is leaked it's in a huge hell-fire.

(05-21-2019, 09:02 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: You should make one that makes you fart out pure O2, to go along with the plasma and CO2 variants. Give your subject that + breathless + heat resist mutations and sentence them to the engine combustion chamber with an IV drip of refried beans

I don't think that this would be very practical unless it was a significant amount of oxygen.

(05-21-2019, 07:37 PM)Vengarr Wrote: You can't remind us because you didn't say it in the first place.

woops
So make it output more oxygen. v

Other goofy ideas:

- symptom that makes you "yeet" things much more often
- soul dance: occasionally involuntarily *dance, but both it and manual dancing heals people around you by a few HP
- glowy but as a pathogen, with higher stages increasing brightness / color
- the same, but your glow is based on your health, from green (100) to red (0) or white (< 0)
- makes you occasionally *flex, gaining one of the temporary buffs from using the workout machines in the gym
- sprinter, makes sprinting cost less stamina, at stage 5 it's free
- excessive blood regeneration: you regenerate blood much faster, at high enough levels you start coughing up blood - good if you want to be a donator or lose a lot of blood
- weird voice: changes your "says" / "exclaims" / "asks" into one of the other variants ("states", "croaks", "barks" etc.)
Uncontrollable dabbing as a T5 symptom.

Why a T5 symptom? Well, dabbing deals brain damage, so if you dab enough times you straight up die from brain damage. That and you have a chance to get BOTH arms blown off whenever you dab.
Do we have autobrewery syndrome yet ?