Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
money for power
some have suggested being able to sell excess engineering power for money-- I think the inverse would be a cool option too, buying a partial recharge of the SMES for a wad of dough

helpful when all the engineers are shits and don't do their jobs
also a fun way to combat powersinks by throwing money at the problem (at least until QM mutinies)
Pubbie Joe shouts "The engineers forgot to set up the engine. I am throwing the entire ships budget into a furnace so that I can send them all angry emails."

I am 100% for this.
Why not both? QM can order charged 15000 powercells from Centcom, and sell charged batteries back(at like 75% of the price I guess, to keep it from being the new metal sheets).

Batteries from fabricators come with no charge, right? Give the QM a cell charger, or maybe a special cell charger that doesnt take forever but zaps up a good chunk of power when used, and then sell them to Centcom, or audio only traders who pop up every so often.
Whatever happened to the switch room? It was all about this idea, but it sort of fell through the cracks or was forgotten with other projects.
APARTHEID Wrote:Whatever happened to the switch room? It was all about this idea, but it sort of fell through the cracks or was forgotten with other projects.

This. As Engineer I want to have control over which parts of the station gets power.

That way I can shut down Research when they won't give us gas mixes.
I am all for making money useful for something besides lighting cigarettes.