Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Major The Construction Worker's items aren't working properly
The Material shaper works perfectly, but leaves behind phantom materials that can be inserted into a reclaimer to reclaim... absolutely nothing.
The Plan Designator doesn't allow painting of walls at all, and only allows for standard grey floor tiles to be painted over, not even self-constructed walls.
The room designator doesn't work at all and throws a "this can only be used in construction mode" error.

Regardless of the bugs, it's kind of nice to have construction worker back.
[cut out the first half of this post, i'm dumb]

the room designator is what we used to use to designate "rooms" in construction mode. for example, designating a room as a "cargo bay" required an enclosed space of at least x by y and certain specific items constructed in it, like the cargo computer.
Possibly related: Areas created using these tools appear to count as 'outside the AI's influence' for doing things, e.g. warping a Port-a-Sci. Someone made a room in the little space area above EVA on cog1 and I wasn't able to teleport anything into it, but I could teleport something onto the open space where the window used to be.
(05-18-2019, 10:18 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: [cut out the first half of this post, i'm dumb]

the room designator is what we used to use to designate "rooms" in construction mode. for example, designating a room as a "cargo bay" required an enclosed space of at least x by y and certain specific items constructed in it, like the cargo computer.

But the point is that regardless of room type it says that they need to be in construction mode, which is not in rotation.
I'd like to add, the plan designator is able to paint any RCD-made floor tiles regardless of appearance, but station tiles that aren't grey can't be painted.

Walls will keep the traits of what they're meant to be, e.g. building a wall that should be a lead window will still be transparent, but they'll always use the default wall sprite.

Some painted tiles act weird when you remove then replace the floor tile. Catwalk tiles will become a lattice facing the catwalk's direction and some tiles (most non-station tiles?) will become "FIX THIS" in orange text over plating
(05-26-2019, 12:28 AM)pitaden Wrote: I'd like to add, the plan designator is able to paint any RCD-made floor tiles regardless of appearance, but station tiles that aren't grey can't be painted.

Walls will keep the traits of what they're meant to be, e.g. building a wall that should be a lead window will still be transparent, but they'll always use the default wall sprite.

Some painted tiles act weird when you remove then replace the floor tile. Catwalk tiles will become a lattice facing the catwalk's direction and some tiles (most non-station tiles?) will become "FIX THIS" in orange text over plating

I can confirm the first and third bits of this.
Bump.

I could make floortiles just fine in space however the walls kept turning into normal ones instead of meat or meaty.

[Image: XNMk7TV.png]
Dark tiles are unrelated.