Poll: Should BR be added to the rotation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No - keep it as an admin gimmick round
29.58%
21 29.58%
Yes, as common as Nuke Ops Rounds
7.04%
5 7.04%
Yes, but very rarely (1-2% chance)
29.58%
21 29.58%
Replace BR with a game mode where you fight bubs irl
33.80%
24 33.80%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Should Battle Royale be a game mode?
I like the idea of a shuttle call, would be cool if it just popped in to a random room
If there was a way for there to be a random vote (non-admin-activated) that gave the choice between the next round being secret as per usual, or battle royale, I'd like that (as I never got to play the actual battle royale on assday/april fools rip)
Though I really like the prospect of maps made specifically for this gamemode, I'd say you don't want people to be able to chose that gamemode through map vote. A good amount of people don't want it in rotation, even with very low occurence, and this kind of option I'm fairly sure would make the gamemode much more frequent than "very rare", which would be disregarding them entirely.
But maps could be made for admin triggered BR I guess?
I'm in the ass day only camp, as much better as combat in ss13 has gotten since the early days, it's still kind of the worst part of the game in a lot of ways. A combat-only mode isn't really playing to ss13's strengths imo.
There is no point to have BR during Ass Day since Ass Day is already BR most of the time.
I mean, following democracy logically we should be discussing the Bubs Royale mode instead.

I don't know how we'll balance it. That's a lot of bubs to fight per person for average playercount.

(Jokes aside, obscenely rare sounds good, pointless on ass day)
If Battle Royale can be a random game mode, Action should be, too.

(05-15-2019, 04:53 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I'll never like a mode that forces players to memorize all the areas of the half dozen maps and their names. I think that if that can be fixed and the mode can be capped at 15 minutes or so, then it would be acceptable to put it on 1% chance.
cough spy cough