Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security Labeler
Currently, it takes a lot of time to process someone through sec. You first have to chase them, which often takes more time than the actual sentencing, and then you search them, brig them, and release them. And one thing you generally have to do multiple times throughout the process is change someone's status on secmate. First to arrest, then to incarcerated, and then to paroled or released. And while some officers don't do this process at all, because it  takes up some time, it is helpful so security doesn't keep arresting the same guy for a crime he committed 30 minutes ago. 

And so, I suggest a security labeler. Much like the general hand labeler, all you have to do is use it on a person for them to get a tag. However, this tag is essentially a secmate change, and can only be seen through Security HUDs. And like the RCD, the labeler can be changed through several modes, which are all the ones available for secmate. And while its doesn't really make setting people to arrest easier, as you have to physically touch them with it, it makes it so there are less times when someone leaves the brig, still set to arrest, claiming Beepsky to be rogue. It can just be a red hand labeler in design, but instead of writing out what the label says, you swap between different options and easily and quickly mark the person to different settings.

An alternative or additional option, is that when someone goes through the brig chute to be released, it automatically turns off the arrest or incarcerated status, and possibly marks them as either released or paroled automatically, with no secmating or labeling required.
This exists already in the form of Securotron.

Here's where it is on cog1, for instance.

[Image: unknown.png]
Yep. Although it could do with a resprite - currently in it's current form it looks like a labeller.

It could also do with setting to arrest status, it doesn't have this option and I could see me smacking someone with this while patrolling if my hands are full and I want to arrest someone later or get one of the other officers to do it.

Secondly, i'm not sure if it pings the security PDA? Actually, i'm not sure if any change in criminal status pings the sec PDA other than arrest. Might be wrong about this one.

Also:
Quote:An alternative or additional option, is that when someone goes through the brig chute to be released, it automatically turns off the arrest or incarcerated status, and possibly marks them as either released or paroled automatically, with no secmating or labeling required.

This also exists, in the exact way you described!! It might not be a thing in other maps (not sure why, coding doohicky) but most definitely is a thing on Cog1&2
Can confirm, arrest is the only thing that pings a PDA.

Can't confirm Cog 1 and 2 brig chute magic though? Though I tend to smack people to incarceration and, when they get released, to released, so it might simply not work on I people.
You mean falling down the floor flusher, the one that opens after a timer, right?

I'm almost certain this automatically sets them to parole, but I could've been stoned/sleep deprived at the time.
(05-15-2019, 01:25 PM)Sundance Wrote: You mean falling down the floor flusher, the one that opens after a timer, right?

I'm almost certain this automatically sets them to parole, but I could've been stoned/sleep deprived at the time.

ive definitely seen this happen on cog2 at least, not sure about other maps
Some ideas:

- give the Securotron a different name, since it's pretty close to Securitron.
- allow it to set Arrest status
- allow using it on anyone visible, regardless of range -- e.g., through cameras. Will help with marking people as parolled or incarcerated as well. Sort of like the camera!

One thing that I hope results from it being able to mark people as arrest more easily is perhaps more non-lethal takedowns of antagonists, by using Beepsky and friends to detain. Arrest status seems to be a bit under-used.
It should require a security card swipe or something in order to set to arrest if that option is added. Otherwise it would be way too easy to just steal one and send Beepsky on a rampage
Maybe give it a UV paintball attachment, one that lets you mark people of interest from a distance, but only let silicons and those with a SecHUD see it. Doesnt change the target's security status, and can be dealt with by changing or covering whatever clothing or bodypart it hit. Also, perfect for SecRet Paintball Tournaments.
I mean, you can already do that with an emag. But maybe just use whatever ID is on the person when updating the records and the PDA alert?
Is there a reason we can't just move this function to security PDA's? I feel like you're going to be way more likely to have one of those on hand, and it's less to carry. Just have PDA's able to update people's status to anything other than maybe arrest, leaving that something that must be done from a computer

Also, maybe there should be another status that is like "Person of interest" that is for marking anyone Sec needs to keep an eye out for, whether they are a suspect, potential witness, etc
Using PDAs is a chore compared to pulling out a dedicated tool and hitting someone with it, especially if in this theoretical future it gets ranged abilities added

The PDA already does duty as a forensic scanner