Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Set default character
Currently, AFAIK, the default character is just whatever's in your first profile slot. For RP nerds with multiple characters, this can be pretty annoying, since the only way to change defaults is to awkwardly shuffle saves around, which im never confident in doing. I wonder if other RP players would be interested in a "Default Character" slot that overrides this functionality, making the whole process way easier.
I have never played on the RP server and still would like this feature, since I use all 5 character slots for different types of jobs/departments.
How many cloud save slots can you have? Can you have more than 5?

Would it make sense to, instead of having to use "Player Setup", add functionality to the Declare Ready that pops up a "Use which profile?" that lists your profiles / saves? (Possibly with a button that loads them and opens the editor.)
I'd also find it cool if you could pick your character after finding out what antag you are, don't know how it would work but I'd really want it for RP purposes
(05-15-2019, 11:45 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: How many cloud save slots can you have? Can you have more than 5?

Would it make sense to, instead of having to use "Player Setup", add functionality to the Declare Ready that pops up a "Use which profile?" that lists your profiles / saves? (Possibly with a button that loads them and opens the editor.)

I believe you can make more than 5.

Id prefer it not being another popup. The antag token one already annoys me.
Maybe a small checkbox/dropdown under the ready button, so that it doesnt require opening another window.
Thoughts:

- move the various game options like music volume, controls, etc. out of the character menu and into a more general "game preferences" list.
- character setup would be moved under the game prefs as an additional option to create new profiles

- keep UI style and other similar things per-profile
- have an option in the game prefs list that allows you to select a default profile, or select "none" as a default

- joining works like it does now, loading whatever the current profile is - you can still load a different one from game prefs
- if you don't have a default set, new window pops up letting you choose from your saved profiles
- antag token button available if you have more than 0, works like a toggle pre-round and doesn't show up for late-joining

[Image: KyXyLMr.png]

[Image: zPyB1zL.png]
[Image: 1f44f.png]get [Image: 1f44f.png] this [Image: 1f44f.png] in [Image: 1f44f.png]
it's just html. i guess if you want it i can put it in my sprite thread. i don't know enough about byond or any of the other bullshit to actually do it in a reasonable timeframe.
Just adding that I'd like a default profile option asap, if Zamujasa's full rework will take a while. I've been caught out by it a couple of times in between games.
(05-16-2019, 10:01 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: (...)

[Image: zPyB1zL.png]

I think this is all pretty cool, but to new players the little toggles at the bottom would be confusing.
It doesn't come through in a screenshot, but ideally those would have tooltips that would explain what they are if you moused over them. Like if you hovered over "T" it would show "Traitor", or "W" for "Werewolf", etc.

Of course, an updated character profile editor could use the same styling so the relation was clearer. Maybe I'll fuck around with that later, idk.
I think that the pencil icon in the top right would open a more detailed menu, and you could see the full names for that there. Or you could just have one of those buttons expand on mouse hover to display its full name.
The pencil would be for the character editor as it is now, yeah.

As for on hover expanding, that's what the tooltip is for. Mouse over it for a second and a little thing pops up. You know, <span title="some tooltip">thing</span>