Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UI theming bugs? Post em here!
Pump UI is kind of fucked now? You can enter but can't exit it - no border means no closing.
(05-15-2019, 01:09 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: [...]

opening the port-a-medbay and ejecting someone as ai caused the chui window to reopen/reload itself as fast as possible with no way to close it. it kept stealing focus from any other window as well, and the only solution was to close the entire game.

[...]

This has also happend to me with 2 other windows:
First one was the telesci console when it lost connection to the telepad/mainframe.
Clicking the Retry button would cause this for me and for the guy I was teaching telesci.
Edit: Just happend again. This seems to ALWAYS happen.

Second one was the chem heater. I left the window open after using it, moved around the room and went back to insert something into it.
UI didnt update, I clicked the heater and either then or after activating it again, the refresh thing started.
So, it seems the robustris pro window does not have a close button.
And alt F4 does nothing.
Pathology Research console window has several issues. Window cant be moved/resized. Text/background color issues. Text size seems to be smaller. Text on buttons is misaligned.
Pulsing wires on a door causes the wire window to start quickly alternating between what it should be and a nonfunctional white rectangle, making it impossible to move unthil one gets the timing right and manages to close the thing.
Reiterating what some have said:

The text for most things should be larger (e.g. player panels).

Additionally, the color scheme for some menus (vending machines, paper, etc.) should be changed so they're less difficult to read.
(05-18-2019, 01:49 AM)The Gorog Wrote: This has also happend to me with 2 other windows:
First one was the telesci console when it lost connection to the telepad/mainframe.
Clicking the Retry button would cause this for me and for the guy I was teaching telesci.

I gave this a try and experienced it as well. Same for the port-a-medbay and port-a-brig.

Also, if you hack a door by cutting all the wires and leaving the bolts open, then crowbarring the door and leaving to anywhere else after closing the window - if anyone decides to mess further with the door by mending the wires or pulsing, it will reopen the window on you, show you what they are doing, and will keep focus as long as the other person is doing something to the window.
(05-18-2019, 04:06 PM)Flourish Wrote: The text for most things should be larger (e.g. player panels).

One way to achieve this in a fairly simple way is to have the player prefs include a "font size" option. If chui styling then always uses proportional units (em, etc) things can scale up as needed, though default window sizes might need adjusted. (Maybe better to make them larger than usual and let people resize them?)
(05-19-2019, 12:48 PM)Pacra Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 01:49 AM)The Gorog Wrote: This has also happend to me with 2 other windows:

I gave this a try and experienced it as well.  Same for the port-a-medbay and port-a-brig.

Also, if you hack a door by cutting all the wires and leaving the bolts open, then crowbarring the door and leaving to anywhere else after closing the window -  if anyone decides to mess further with the door by mending the wires or pulsing,  it will reopen the window on you, show you what they are doing, and will keep focus as long as the other person is doing something to the window.

airlock code is extreeemely old, the entirety of doors needs a rewrite

(05-19-2019, 03:44 PM)Zamujasa Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 04:06 PM)Flourish Wrote: The text for most things should be larger (e.g. player panels).

One way to achieve this in a fairly simple way is to have the player prefs include a "font size" option. If chui styling then always uses proportional units (em, etc) things can scale up as needed, though default window sizes might need adjusted. (Maybe better to make them larger than usual and let people resize them?)

nah the problem is some windows decide to stylize themselves, gotta go through and remove individual inline CSS that clashes

(05-18-2019, 07:30 AM)medsal15 Wrote: So, it seems the robustris pro window does not have a close button.
And alt F4 does nothing.

Use Ctrl+W, you can't use alt F4 on any subwindows in BYOND; it'll close the entire window.
(05-23-2019, 02:49 PM)somepotato Wrote: nah the problem is some windows decide to stylize themselves, gotta go through and remove individual inline CSS that clashes

i mean it'd still be good to have configurable font sizes. you can edit the size of the chat box's font, for example
(05-23-2019, 02:59 PM)Zamujasa Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 02:49 PM)somepotato Wrote: nah the problem is some windows decide to stylize themselves, gotta go through and remove individual inline CSS that clashes

i mean it'd still be good to have configurable font sizes. you can edit the size of the chat box's font, for example

not possible til the individual css' are fixed
Some (fabs and IIRC the QM console) windows seem to change to empty white rectangles and back to normal every few seconds.
Sometimes when playing with the CHUI option enabled the entire game window goes black, there is no way to escape that, other than closing the window and starting the game up again.

When not using the CHUI option everything is just fine, i have no idea how to fix this on my own.
This may be a problem with my PC but i just want to play some miner and this option is required to use the Nano-Crucible, if you just made the Nano-Crucible work without the option enabled that would be just fine too.

I'm sorry for any Grammatical error in here, english is not my main language.
I've tried my best
vendors no longer use randomly colored text for their items, so chui no longer makes them unreadable