Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UI theming bugs? Post em here!
Titles of "oh no" just mean it can't fetch the title, intended til I can manually review the things. I reproduced the textboxes not maintaining focus, I'll get to that soon.
windows that refresh/reload cause any titlebar dragging to be interrupted.

minimizing chui windows turns them into tiny bits. the restore and close buttons are missing from it.

scrollbars are a nearly invisible brown and disappear. they seem to interact with keyboard navigation badly by forcing some sort of bizarre smooth scrolling. they don't respect windows' sizing rules, so if you use a different scrollbar size for whatever reason, you still get the tinyass chui one.

opening chui windows causes a flash at the top left of the screen until they load and reposition themselves. this just seems to be a thing with how windows handles frameless windows in general.

opening the port-a-medbay and ejecting someone as ai caused the chui window to reopen/reload itself as fast as possible with no way to close it. it kept stealing focus from any other window as well, and the only solution was to close the entire game.

chui also doesn't respect any default fonts or font sizing as far as i can tell.

and i get it, fine, chui is the new thing and it's here to stay, but please just add the ability to have normal window frames. remove the scrollbar and make the main area of chui just fit the window, so it scrolls normally.

the titlebar dragging is also buggy and fucked up in some cases where it 'forgets' you're dragging the window and then suddenly snaps to wherever it 'should' be.

[Image: finy5N4.png]
Chui doesn't display accented characters properly.
https://streamable.com/cci92

Pump UI is unusable
(05-16-2019, 07:07 AM)polivilas Wrote: https://streamable.com/cci92

Pump UI is unusable

Weird, I was able to use it today.

The UI of the chutes is too small and needs its height increased. The pressure value and controls are cut off.

The engineering console for APCs and possibly the one for SMES status keep refreshing and takes the fokus away from the say textbox.
This also makes the APC list scroll to the top every time and prevents you from using the CTRL + F search function to find APC names.
When taking things off of people, the title is an "OH NO".

Also, I don't think paper should have chui. It's paper; not a machine!
not sure if its UI but i minimized the job select window from when you late join, and it was titled "1-800 CODER" instead of anything real
If you attempt to strip something off someone that is rapidly standing/resting, the window will flash and be completely unusuable.
I used the packet sniffer a few times. The first few were fine, but then it started flashing, rapidly opening and closing. I had difficult time moving away from the tile, and when I did, I had terrible lag that persisted until I restarted my client
(05-16-2019, 04:03 PM)glassofmilk Wrote: I used the packet sniffer a few times. The first few were fine, but then it started flashing, rapidly opening and closing. I had difficult time moving away from the tile, and when I did, I had terrible lag that persisted until I restarted my client

This'll be fixed tomorrow, thanks!
I would like to notify people on that paper can be quite hard to read, especially if the pen written in is dark blue. The background of the paper has turned into dark grey since the new UI interface. Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience I may of caused.
(05-16-2019, 02:44 PM)TheĀ Gorog Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 07:07 AM)polivilas Wrote: https://streamable.com/cci92

Pump UI is unusable

Weird, I was able to use it today.

The UI of the chutes is too small and needs its height increased. The pressure value and controls are cut off.

The engineering console for APCs and possibly the one for SMES status keep refreshing and takes the fokus away from the say textbox.
This also makes the APC list scroll to the top every time and prevents you from using the CTRL + F search function to find APC names.

Improving the power console is one of my highest priorities at the moment.

(05-16-2019, 04:46 PM)Arby9011 Wrote: I would like to notify people on that paper can be quite hard to read, especially if the pen written in is dark blue. The background of the paper has turned into dark grey since the new UI interface. Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience I may of caused.

Paper will be getting a more appropriate setup soon.
I don't understand why this change was made and pushed out as fast as it was other than making things look slightly more aesthetically appealing as it causes several frustrating problems. All of the manufacturing text has been scaled down, the windows don't auto focus, the darker text is harder to read, there's a large title bar over everything window related, and the geneticist console window is too small for everything to fit forcing you to scroll down if you want to use every feature. Hopefully these issues won't take too long to fix, but even so, it would be nice if there was an option for users to revert back to the old windows for the time being.

Edit: After playing around some more I have to say that the new windows do actually look nice in some instances such as the computer, ID modifier, and character creator. If there was a way to make it not apply to some areas (such as genetic consoles), tweaked in the ways I previously mentioned, and the color was changed on some of the text it would be perfect.
(05-16-2019, 05:44 PM)Skornzy Wrote: I don't understand why this change was made and pushed out as fast as it was other than making things look slightly more aesthetically appealing as it causes several frustrating problems. All of the manufacturing text has been scaled down, the windows don't auto focus, the darker text is harder to read, there's a large title bar over everything window related, and the geneticist console window is too small for everything to fit forcing you to scroll down if you want to use every feature. Hopefully these issues won't take too long to fix, but even so, it would be nice if there was an option for users to revert back to the old windows for the time being.

Because honestly I had higher hopes for some of the windows. The temporarily disable not-properified windows option is actually pretty feasible though (albeit it may cause some windows I've fixed to break, so we'll see what I can do about that.). That being said: Please do post any egregious issues in this thread. I need to know what to prioritize, theming wise.
One again as Argun has said about the quantum telescope. I have also used it and the boxes start to shift a little making me unable to scan again. Thanks