Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UI theming bugs? Post em here!
I recently brought everything over to use the window styling. There are some uglies and some bugs for some of the very old windows that I may have missed.
Feel free to post them here, and if its a styling issue suggest what you think could be improved.

Known: Safe window -- this thing was built to support IE5. It desperately needs to be rewritten.

Remember: Linux is unsupported; we'll make an effort to make it decently usable in Linux but won't actively support it until BYOND does.
At current my only visual complaint is that the latejoin window comes up with the special jobs in black, which doesn't contrast well with the background.
The hud seems to open up again whenever it updates even if you close it. (i.e Standing next to the generator and closing the window, it will just open again when the generator updates. You have to walk away from it then walk back to get it to stop)
There seem to be issues in the new update with the game not registering a pop-up window to be truly closed. Most noticably, thisĀ happens when trying to pulse/cut wires, hitting the electrifying one then being unable to truly close the window displaying the wires, locking you in a permashock until you die.
EDIT: stupid spelling error.
(05-14-2019, 02:31 PM)Vermonto Wrote: The hud seems to open up again whenever it updates even if you close it. (i.e Standing next to the generator and closing the window, it will just open again when the generator updates. You have to walk away from it then walk back to get it to stop)

Do you mean with the TEG?
Some of the colored text is a bit hard to read (such as blue-colored things on soda machines).
hokay, think I've found an issue with the quantum telescope.
there is no close button, and I tried walking away from it without clicking anything in it, still there.
moving away and clicking on a new signal closed it, but ow
When using a fabricator after clicking the item to make it shows a white window saying it cant find the page but its fixable by clicking on the fabricator again. The computer terminal works fine except that after each time you press enter now you have to click on the window again. Before this update I could still keep typing commands wihout the need to click on the window again
Security camera window is a deathtrap. no escape.
Both the clothing manufacturer and clothing vendors display "OH NO" as their title. Additionally, the textbox of the Sec Database (possibly all thinkdos machines?) does not stay focused between commands, making typing on them much more difficult than it used to be.
(05-14-2019, 08:29 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: Both the clothing manufacturer and clothing vendors display "OH NO" as their title.

Can say the same about the reagent extractor and PlantMaster Mk3
I have figured out that the window update also affects booklets. Could this be fixed?
Wizard spells on the UI when hovering over them don't show the name of the spell, only a small white box. Accidentally blinked into space when I meant to use Knock.
(05-14-2019, 02:17 PM)somepotato Wrote: I recently brought everything over to use the window styling. There are some uglies and some bugs for some of the very old windows that I may have missed.
Feel free to post them here, and if its a styling issue suggest what you think could be improved.

Known: Safe window -- this thing was built to support IE5. It desperately needs to be rewritten.

Remember: Linux is unsupported; we'll make an effort to make it decently usable in Linux but won't actively support it until BYOND does.

It'd be real nice if you could increase the info box vertical height by the amount that is added from the new UI styling. As is, it renders geneticist close to unplayable.
(05-14-2019, 08:29 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: Both the clothing manufacturer and clothing vendors display "OH NO" as their title. Additionally, the textbox of the Sec Database (possibly all thinkdos machines?) does not stay focused between commands, making typing on them much more difficult than it used to be.

It is all thinkdos machines, the portable computers, anything that uses that window.