Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got banned for killing my irl brother
Who banned you?: flourish
Byond Key: Khahilad
Date of Ban: 12-05-2019
Specified Reason for Ban: As a nonantag detective, randomly tried to space multiple people, and randomly shot someone with a bunch of lethal bullets. Had logged off when this was brought to admin attention. Please read the rules and make an appeal on the forums if you'd like to play here.
Ban Length: Permenant
What led to the ban? I killed my brother as we were about to log off and then i killed myself too by jumping into space,
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: I killed him because he said i could, i mean we were playing together, and we were trying to get our selves killed because we wanted to log of and dont like random bodies hanging around the station. we tried by jumping into space together the first time, but then we both got saved by a cyborg, after more attempts to get our selves killed and more attempts by the doctors to save us he just rage quit and said fuck it, shoot me and throw me into space, so i did, i do admit that i should probably not have shot him in the hospital. but tbh it was already pretty bloody to begin with. (his name was Bok Banka or some other long last name, you can ask him yourself if you dont belive me)
NEW 22/04 as a trial: Which rule did you break? Rule 1 : ''Killed someone while non antagonist''
Evasion Attempts: Not this time, i did try to rejoin 2 times to get the ban reason and admin name right.
Flourish has been pinged to come take a look at this.

In the meantime - I'd like to note that you did not just attack your brother (which is another issue I think Flourish will discuss with you). You spaced/tried to space 3 people and shot 3 people as well. What was up with that?
(05-13-2019, 12:45 PM)Firebarrage Wrote: Flourish has been pinged to come take a look at this.

In the meantime - I'd like to note that you did not just attack your brother (which is another issue I think Flourish will discuss with you). You spaced/tried to space 3 people and shot 3 people as well. What was up with that?

To be really honest with you, i was tired, i was a under a bit of good oll psychotropic influence, and i was trying to tutor my brother into understanding the game. I don't remember a whole lot, but i do remember a scene in my own office, where my brother had an argument with another two guys, someone hit someone, and i remember having to shoot the guy with stun rounds, and fight my brother to get him off of the first guy. I did intend to arrest my brother, but in the end we just decided to quit because we were both really tired and needed some sleep.

This fight did escalate somewhat, and i may or may not have tried to throw someone in space, but i do know the rules, and i would not have tried to straight up murder anyone by spacing him, exept if he was a real asshole and tried to hurt me first in some way.
Hi, thanks for the appeal.

First, it's completely fine if you kill someone if they agree to it. However, it doesn't look like your brother said anything about wanting to be killed ingame. Are you aware of our policy on metagaming? Basically, we'd like for you to keep all communications about the current round to ingame methods. This means you shouldn't be talking over Skype, Discord, whatever, about things that are happening in a round you're currently in. That make sense?

Second, besides your brother, you also shot other people with lethals, and tried to space them. One of them was a previously uninvolved doctor who was just trying to heal another player. I get that things may have been chaotic, but please try to be more careful in the future. As a detective, you also have stun rounds, which you should pretty much always should try to use first.
(05-13-2019, 08:04 PM)Flourish Wrote: Hi, thanks for the appeal.

First, it's completely fine if you kill someone if they agree to it. However, it doesn't look like your brother said anything about wanting to be killed ingame. Are you aware of our policy on metagaming? Basically, we'd like for you to keep all communications about the current round to ingame methods. This means you shouldn't be talking over Skype, Discord, whatever, about things that are happening in a round you're currently in. That make sense?

Second, besides your brother, you also shot other people with lethals, and tried to space them. One of them was a previously uninvolved doctor who was just trying to heal another player. I get that things may have been chaotic, but please try to be more careful in the future. As a detective, you also have stun rounds, which you should pretty much always should try to use first.

Yeah it does make sense, it just ads awesome depth to the game, and you are right i mean i used to rp in wow so i do get it.
Yeah and i agree with the second part too, i should have been less careless with ammo, i often presume i loaded stun rounds first, and in the heed of battle you sometimes switch to ammo you dont intend to use.

I do feel bad for that doctor if i fucked his game, i don't like fucking with others that dont deserve it. Sorry for being a drunk fool i guess, i put myself before the gods in humility, For now only they have say over mercy. Sorry mate, won't happen again.
Alright, thanks for confirming! I'll unban you now. Please stick to one account (i.e. either Khahilad or Payuut).
(05-14-2019, 01:56 PM)Flourish Wrote: Alright, thanks for confirming! I'll unban you now. Please stick to one account (i.e. either Khahilad or Payuut).
Thanks mate, for the appeal and the understanding. I'll stick with Payuut, Oh and, if you ever want a drink, a smoke or something to talk about just visit Jambe Baka's bar! 

o7 commander!