Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
running a goon server issue
Hi guys i have started running a server for some some friends (we are over in aus) got it going but the show inventory option on right click is not appearing how can i fix?
Goonstation is closed source and the public release is fairly dated compared to the one running on the official servers.

There's a chance the functionality for that didn't exist back then at the time of the public release, probably.

Edit: As a heads up, you can achieve the same thing(showing someone's inventory) by click-dragging someone's sprite onto yours.
Wait, we have the option to check someone else's inventory via right click now?
lol this is convenient, i was on a private old goon server with some friends the other day and space doesnt appear to be throw, was the hotkey different or is our thing just broken
(05-12-2019, 07:33 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: lol this is convenient, i was on a private old goon server with some friends the other day and space doesnt appear to be throw, was the hotkey different or is our thing just broken

used to be shift. Was better that way, too.
Why is using your tiny ass pinky finger better than using one of your thumbs?
Space > Shift
Real pros keayboard stance is as follows:
Thumb: WASD
Index: E/R/T
Middle: Tab
Ring: Ctrl/Shift
Pinky: removed from hand for weight savings
If you don't have one finger precariously held above the F key at all times like the sword of Damocles, what are you even doing?
F key is pressed with a balled up fist, you casual.
(05-12-2019, 03:23 AM)Gerhazo Wrote: Goonstation is closed source and the public release is fairly dated compared to the one running on the official servers.

There's a chance the functionality for that didn't exist back then at the time of the public release, probably.

Edit: As a heads up, you can achieve the same thing(showing someone's inventory) by click-dragging someone's sprite onto yours.

Thank  you so much smile

A little sad i wont be able to run a server like the official ones but i cant really complain that the source provided is dated considering its free for public use.

Again thank you for the help.
(05-13-2019, 09:18 PM)Technature Wrote: Why is using your tiny ass pinky finger better than using one of your thumbs?

spacebar is also pinky if you play ss13 properly (arrow keys)

shift was better for me because then I didn't need to move my hand off arrow keys to throw things
Space is your entire left hand then ya boob.