Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Cyborgs should receive a pop-up when they attempt to suicide.
Nothing's more fun than going through the trouble of bringing a dead player back into the game, antag or otherwise, just for them to have a shit fit and then crush their heads.  Things are only more fun when you check the laws and find them completely unchanged, meaning you now have a standing paperweight in robotics now labelled "Rule breaker".

Cyborgs really need a message on their pop up saying that they're potentially violating rule three which is rule breaking.  This should (hopefully) encourage them to ask the roboticist to simply take their brain back out (or ask to be ordered to commit suicide I dunno).
This isn't going to stop someone who doesn't want to play a borg that round, and really there's no real way to force someone to play when they don't want to. Instead of an unhappy camper mushing their head, you'd just get a bunch of inactive or pissy borgs.

Just have the suiciding borg just plop their brain out on the floor, preferably with a note attached. Or leave the brain in, eject the ghost, and raffle off their seat to another dead person.
I mean, anything is better than punishing a roboticist for doing his job.

I know that sounds like I don't think those are good ideas, they are, it's just the only thing I can think of saying right now I guess?
I agree with Superlagg. Borg suicide should just be the borg ripping off their head and leaving it on the ground intact

[Image: giphy.gif]
Borg rips out their brain and hurls it across the room at the nearest person
I think borgs are generally allowed to suicide in violation of law 3, generally, simply for allowing players to exit the round.

However, suiciding as a borg should just unlock the interface, unscrew the head, and pop the brain out like one of those spring-loaded ejector chairs. Ideally with the "sproing" sound some of the birds make.
I think this is the best idea.
Spring loaded borg heads is the best idea, if a borg dies in any way it just pops out, useful for escape and repair.

Bonus points if there's a head that allows the borg head to fly with rockets